Revenue - IBD - Market Data & Vendor Management - Analyst - Bengaluru
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Investment Banking Division (IBD) strives to provide best-in-class advice and execution excellence on complex transactions across mergers and acquisitions and financing (including equity offerings, debt issuances and derivative transactions)
The Management and Strategy team is a key part of the Investment Banking Division which is responsible for providing financial analysis, management reporting and other ad hoc analysis to the senior divisional leadership.
- Reporting weekly, monthly and quarterly performance metrics to divisional leadership
- Drive Business planning and forecasting for IBD (both revenues and expenses)
- Management and control of the division's expense base
- Compensation modelling and margin impact analysis
- Liaise with IBD business unit CFOs, IBD regional finance teams and Controllers
- Report and analyse expenses by region and at the divisional level
- Analyse travel and entertainment spend to drive syndication rates
- Provide analysis/reporting to management teams and senior leadership on market data/business information spend/usage/budget on a monthly basis. Needs to be able to design and produce the analysis and reports. Develop models/macros to analyse market data usage/spend patterns
- Identify areas of inefficiency/ opportunities to effect savings based on analysis
- Scrub allocation reports from MDS and Pubs/Subs to ensure correctness, account for leavers, transfers etc.
- Compare market data offerings to identify overlaps and opportunities to minimize inefficiencies
- Develop recommendations in line with analysis for cost effective market data consumption
- Work on migration of pubs and subs spend to the market data line
- Facilitate the reallocation of market data spend across all users
- Regularly rationalize the use of Bloomberg/Eikon/IRESS licenses, scrub and insure configurations correct, licenses aligned to appropriate accounts etc.
- Scrub vendor lists of new users (SNL, IHS, Debtwire, Pitchbook and others) and review Thomson, Dealogic invoices
Vendor Management Responsibilities:
- Work with internal business clients to understand data requirements and advise on best options
- Lead vendor negotiations for new services/renewals and ad hoc purchases
- Facilitate on boarding of all market data vendors and coordinate Tech Risk, Compliance, Legal reviews insuring all due diligence completed.
- Work with tech teams to package and deploy products
- Coordinate all upgrades/migrations/demises with internal teams and vendors
- Manage vendors and insure that they are meeting all GS VMO requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Strong quantitative and technical abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Excellent excel skills
- Financial analysis skills
- Project management experience across global teams under tight timelines. Ability to work independently and across businesses
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently on problem solving
- Strong negotiation skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top