Retirement Services Group Internal Wholesaler - Chicago
Are you a dynamic, quick-thinking self-starter with a real passion for the financial markets, exceptional interpersonal skills and interest in a career in sales? We are looking for a professional with strong communication skills who has the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and successfully increase the sale of GSAM products by connecting with Financial Advisors. The Regional Consultant (internal wholesaler) position is a fast paced, challenging sales role for self-motivated and driven sales professionals.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world’s leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today’s dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world’s leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
Regional Consultants sit within our Retirement Services Group (RSG), which is responsible for expanding GSAM’s investment management presence in the Defined Contribution Investment Only (DCIO) space by building relationships with plan sponsors, recordkeepers, trading platforms, consultants, retirement wholesalers, and investment advisors. We achieve this through offering world class portfolio management, superior value-added and thought leadership tools, and pre-eminent client service for our advisors and investors.
As part of the Retirement Services Group, Regional Consultants are dedicated to increasing the sale and awareness of GSAM products through telephone presentations, calling on Financial Advisors and selling mutual funds and DCIO services to our clients in the retirement arena.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Conduct proactive telephone sales presentations to top tier clients and prospects, highlighting the GSAM products and value proposition
- Partner with Retirement Directors and Retirement Specialist (external wholesalers) to manage an assigned territory within the U.S., driving sales and assets through execution of a defined territory plan and sales process
- Build strong relationships with advisors through telephone interaction (limited travel to client sites)
- Effectively profile advisors to understand their practice, clients and investment process so that we can better identify and meet their needs, as well as position Goldman Sachs products / services
- Provide portfolio construction and practice management support to Financial Advisors, helping them strengthen their client relationships and grow their business
- Execute consistent follow up with advisors to advance the sales process and deepen advisor relationships
- Demonstrate organized, efficient and effective territory management and phone skills on a consistent basis
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Basic Qualifications• At least 2 years successful sales experience
- General financial service industry experience
- Strong understanding of the Defined Contribution marketplace
- Bachelor’s degree
- Series 7 and Series 63 licensed or obtained within 3 months of joining
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work efficiently with others
- Commercially oriented
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Project management skills
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top