Retirement, Regional Specialist - Vice President (Midwest Territory
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
The Retirement Services Group (RSG) is a part of the U.S. Third Party Distribution (TPD) business at Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM). Within TPD, the RSG team is responsible for expanding GSAM’s investment management presence in the Defined Contribution Investment Only (DCIO) marketplace by building relationships with record keepers, consultants, retirement wholesalers, and financial advisors. This is accomplished by utilizing the GSAM value proposition and direct selling of GSAM mutual funds, collective trusts, and other investment vehicles.
RSG Regional Specialists are responsible for increasing GSAM’s presence in the Defined Contribution Investment Only (DCIO) marketplace. RSG Regional Specialists will work to increase gross and net sales by promoting GSAM’s investment management strategies, providing portfolio construction insights and imparting retirement expertise. The team is seeking a Regional Specialist who will cover the Midwest territory in the U.S. (ND, SD, NE, KS, MN, IA, MO, IN, IL, WI, MI, OH, WV, KY) consisting of financial advisors as well as platform and GSAM wholesalers.
- Manage a territory in a thoughtful and productive way to serve clients and maximize commercial impact
- Establish, maintain and grow relationships with retirement-focused advisors and retirement wholesalers to drive GSAM mutual fund gross and net sales
- Consult and partner with other GSAM wholesalers who focus on insurance, bank and broker-dealer recordkeeping platforms to support and increase their retirement sales efforts
- Act in a retirement specialist role when necessary to capitalize on existing advisor relationships in wirehouse and independent channels
- Develop complete understanding of the GSAM value proposition which includes market strategy, portfolio strategy and business practices
- Deliver the appropriate value added retirement resources to intermediary clients and prospects
Basic Qualifications• Minimum of 5 years of financial services sales experience with a proven track record in the DCIO market
- Deep knowledge of advisor sold (or intermediary-driven) retirement market including recordkeepers, broker/dealers, RIAs and consulting firms
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent work ethic and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage a large territory
- Ability to maintain consistent travel schedule
- Series 7 and 63 licenses
- CFA and other retirement designations a plus
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top