Research Engineer - Research & Development
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
R&D Engineers are accomplished creative thinkers who contribute their own original perspectives and ideas to a highly collaborative environment that values real world delivery in order to drive business demands and outcomes. As a Research Engineer, you would be working in an enthusiastic and self-starting team of talented individual contributors with diverse opinions who relish the opportunity to pursue a wide variety of challenging problem spaces. Research Engineers are expected to be working with core businesses to fundamentally push the boundaries in FinTech.
As a Research engineer, you will work in an R&D group focused on developing and using AI technology for a variety of applications in the financial industry. As such, you must have a solid working knowledge of machine learning techniques and methods - from knowing how to curate data (collect it, clean it, analyze it), develop labeled data (for supervised learning), to developing appropriate models and evaluating them (including knowing how to break them by generating adversarial examples). You must have a thirst to learn and understand new AI techniques and apply them to the problems at hand.
You will work across a wide range of business units as an elite team of engineers dedicated to delivering business critical priorities, using innovative methods and technologies. The R&D group acts as a surge squad responsible for accelerating a specific high impact Technology Division project driven by our comprehensive research.
NOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Explainable Machine Learning and Applied Artificial Intelligence
- Verification and Security on Distributed Ledgers and Block Chains
- Game Theory and Quantum Computing
- Optimizations in Large Scale Distributed Calculations
- Robotic Process Automation
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Masters in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Knowledge extraction, representation and reasoning (symbolic techniques, and mixed symbolic / vector-based techniques, graph-based techniques, knowledge-graph style systems)
- Natural language understanding -- conventional linguistic theories and/or more modern statistical techniques, including distributed representations, (hierarchical) generative probabilistic models
- Proficiency in Python / Matlab / R, Java, C++, and data representation tool-chains (XML,json).
- Knowledge of modern machine learning toolkits (scilearn, pytorch, gensim, tensorflow)
- PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Probabilistic programming (graphical models, probabilistic logic programming, Edward)
- Deep neural networks (particularly dynamic tree-to-tree transformation models)
- Reinforcement learning (particularly in connection with applications to reasoning) Expertise in Prolog or Lisp
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top