Reliability Engineer (Data Lake) - Core Engineering
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Working knowledge of more than one programming language (preferably Python and Java.)
- Ability to apply fundamental algorithms and data structures to efficiently solve computational problems
- Understanding of applied statistics and fundamental ML principles and techniques
- Make data a strategic asset for the enterprise by providing a platform that enables the structuring, management, integration, control, discovery, usage, and governance of our Data Assets.
- Develop cutting edge technology stack to measure big data platform and enable a metric driven platform management strategy.
- Continues metric driven work to improve, optimize and harden our datalake for continues growth and usage.
- Transform reactive process to proactive process through engineering.
- Problem solving, creativity and ownership will empower you to deliver data products end-to-end.
- Driven by business impact and customer centricity, you will strive for excellence through incremental improvements.
- Understanding requirements to deploying and maintaining the product in production.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- A Bachelor's degree (Masters/ preferred) in a computational field (Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or in a related quantitative discipline)
- Strong programming skills in the big-data space (Java, Python, Hadoop, MapReduce, or other big data frameworks)
- Experienced Software Engineer, with proficiency systems design and data processing. Candidates should have hands on experience with Python and libraries as(e.g scipy, numpy, pandas, matplotlib, ., scikit-learn, etc), SQL, Scala, Spark, Hadoop.
- Ability to present complex concepts in a clear narrative that influences stakeholders to take action.
- Ability to stay commercially focused and to always push for quantifiable commercial impact
- Strong work ethic, a sense of ownership and urgency
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively across global teams and communicate complex ideas in a simple manner
- SRE experience
- Statistical modelling and Machine learning
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top