Regulatory Technology Engineer
Interested in a job now? Have a global impact with Goldman Sachs without moving!
- Goldman Sachs occupies a state of the art office at the top of the Warsaw Spire. We are hiring people who want to work on extremely interesting challenges with a global impact in the financial sector.
- We are building a full service office which is a peer of our other GS offices. You will benefit from working alongside Operations, Finance and HCM divisions all with full ownership for their functions or products.
- We are hiring for a number of teams that between them are using dozens of the technologies: Java 8, C++, Hadoop, Scala, Elastic, Kafka, Docker, Linux, both SQL & non SQL DB's... to mention a very few.
- We build a lot, in fact we have 1.5BN lines of code running across a huge infrastructure with 38PB of storage, 550k compute cores and >16 million software changes per month. We also give back to Open Source community (e.g. Eclipse Collections) and stay close to the start-up scene.
- Our people have complete product ownership: requirements, code, test and deploy. We run a low friction SDLC where you learn from peer code review. You will help us towards our goal of continuous build and cloud deploy everywhere.
- We care a hugely about our work environment, casual dress code, height adjustable desks and small teams (~5 person) per project within global teams. We like to run a lean & flat structure where everyone is happy to help out.
- We love to learn and offer a superb training that features free access to Pluralsight, Safari Books, Harvard Business Review and Egghead training platforms. We run internal MOOC (curated learning), soft skills education, women's mentoring program, and London based promotion courses.
- At GS we have a culture of giving, last year over 25K of our people volunteered on 1600 community projects across the world, this extends locally with support for Warszawa Business Run and IT for SHE women's program.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Challenging work - what will you do?
- Design and implement controls on the new trade reporting platform supporting all global regulatory initiatives. The controls you will build are crucial to validating correctness of trade reporting to external regulators.
- Solve challenging big data problems. Ensure data correctness while processing of millions of rows a day. Find the most effective ways to aggregate and present the data to end users. Become a data scientist.
- Use Java/Spring/Spark/Scala technology stack to develop effective data processing services within data lake.
- Build relationships with end users to understand the business and suggest improvements to existing tools and processes.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of financial instruments across multiple asset classes ranging from high volume FX trades to complex Commodities, Credit, Equities and Interest Rate derivatives.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, mind-set of ownership and excellent follow-through
- Programming skills in Java
- Experience with SQL, relational data bases and query optimization
- Experience in using a test driven development
- Good understanding of data structures, algorithms and designing for performance and resiliency
- Focus on software quality - ability to write clean code and encourage others to do so
- Openness for acquiring new skills and learning new technologies
- Experience or a strong interest in financial products is a plus
- Experience with big data concepts (we use Hadoop and Spark)
- Experience with near real time transactional systems with NoSQL databases (Kafka, Elastic Search)
- Experience in BPMN and user workflow based systems
Working Style: Agile/Scrum
User Team Location : Warsaw, Bangalore, London, New York
Tech Team Location: Warsaw (majority), London, New York
Direct Team Size : 5-8
Send us your CV and join Goldman Sachs!
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top