Regional Director (External Wholesaler), Minnesota, Iowa, Western Wisconsin - GSAM, US Third Party Distribution, Investment Consulting Group - VP
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
We are seeking a Regional Director (External Wholesaler) to join our Investment Consulting Group within US Third Party Distribution, covering a focused list of wirehouse firms in the Minnesota, Iowa, Western Wisconsin area. Our ideal candidate has successful financial sales experience and strong communication skills with the ability to convey complex products and views in a concise manner.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices. Within GSAM, US Third Party Distribution is responsible for serving clients and driving sales via financial intermediaries including banks, broker/dealers, independent financial advisors, RIAs, retirement platforms, insurance companies and asset managers. Our Investment Consulting Group sits within US Third Party Distribution and is responsible for marketing Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) products to financial advisors at wirehouse firms.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
In this external sales role, the Regional Director is responsible for calling on a focused list of wirehouse firms in the Minnesota, Iowa, Western Wisconsin territory.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- External sales role calling on focused list of wirehouse firms in the Minnesota, Iowa, Western Wisconsin territory
- Responsible for marketing Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) products including fixed income/equity mutual funds, separately managed accounts (SMAs), hedge funds, private equity funds, retirement plans, liquid alternatives and ETFs to financial advisors and consultants
- Role requires the ability to position Goldman Sachs' investment philosophy, process, product differentiation and competitive analyses in group presentations, public seminars and one-on-one presentations
- Salesperson should be based within the geographic confines of the territory
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of financial services sales experience preferred
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to maintain consistent travel schedule
- Ability to manage administrative aspects of job effectively (call reports, expense reports, etc.)
- 3 to 4 days of travel per week
- Series 7 and 63 required
- Existing relationships in the territory, with focused client base preferred
- Must live or be willing to relocate to Minnesota, Iowa, Western Wisconsin area
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top