Realty Management Divison, RMAM Financial Analyst
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
REALTY MANAGEMENTWe use our expertise to provide investment and asset management services in the real estate market, partnering with other divisions in the firm to deliver results wherever Goldman Sachs has an interest. Our work is divided across hospitality, loan asset management, real estate credit investing, portfolio management, real estate asset management and residential mortgage asset management. If you're passionate about real estate and finance, have strong analytical skills, and are a great communicator who is eager to make an impact, realty management could be the right place for you.
Divisional Overview Residential Mortgages Asset Management (RMAM) is a business unit within the Realty Management Division (RMD) primarily supporting the Securities division's Mortgage Loan Trading and Investment Banking's Structured Finance desks. RMAM is responsible for directing and facilitating due diligence (at both the deal and asset levels) for the acquisitions and sales/securitizations of residential loan portfolios, and ensuring completion of transaction closing requirements. Post trade RMAM is responsible for the Asset management and facilitation of the portfolio's strategies and portfolio performance reporting.
Role Overview Goldman Sachs & Co, located in Irving TX, is seeking an Analyst to support the Residential Mortgages Asset Management and Securities division's Mortgage Loan Trading groups. The successful candidate will be responsible for thoughtful, quantitative analysis surrounding the performance of distressed loan investments, trading profit/loss, and helping to apply that back into the acquisition of new assets.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Create, maintain, and present detailed information with respect to profit/loss, rate of return, cash flow, and performance of residential mortgage loans across multiple portfolios
- Learning the methodology and mechanics of internal loan pricing models, being able to apply these models to existing inventory and potential acquisitions
- Providing thoughtful color and commentary regarding the performance of mortgage pools and key profit/loss drivers
- Ensure the flow of data underneath all of the analytics is accurate and correct. Working with mortgage strategies, technology, and cash operations to that aim
- Interface with risk controllers to ensure Goldman Sachs accounting systems match internal profit/loss expectations
- Work with the Loan Trading and Asset Management groups to formulate views on the economics behind various asset servicing strategies
- Strong academic background - 4 year related business, math, or accounting background with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Solid analytical/logical mindset and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (clear, concise, and confident) with the ability to manage internal and external relationships
- Must know or be able to learn Excel to an advanced level
- Experience working with large sets of data a plus
- Prior technical or quasi-technical experience a plus
- Mortgage banking or other financial industry experience preferred
- Able to work under tight time constraints and extended hours as required
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top