Realty Management Division, Warehouse/Consumer/Small Business Loan Asset Management, Analyst/Associate, Irving
Goldman Sachs & Co, located in Irving TX, is seeking an Associate to support the Realty Management Division's (RMD) Warehouse Asset Management team. The Associate will be primarily responsible for facilitating the acquisition, monitoring, reporting and disposition/securitization of consumer and small business loans purchased and/or originated from on-line FinTech platforms. This position reports to the head of the Warehouse Asset Management group. The Warehouse Asset Management group provides support to the Trading Desk and Investment Banking divisions within the firm that handle financing, securitization and advisory activities for residential, consumer, small business, equipment, student and automobile product types.
- Assist Trading Desks and Investment Banking Division (IBD) with platform due diligence of prospective and existing FinTech lenders (underwriting guidelines/protocols, staffing, technology systems, security, regulatory compliance, etc.)
- Assist legal and deal teams with negotiation of loan purchase agreements and associated documentation
- Development of credit policies and underwriting guidelines in conjunction with the Trading Desk, IBD and Credit department
- Actively participate in system/technology related projects necessary for efficient monitoring of portfolio positions and reporting as the business grows
- Interface directly with Trading Desk, IBD and senior leadership regarding all aspects of the consumer/small business platform.
- Effectively capture, analyze and report relevant data on portfolio positions to key business constituents within the firm (performance metrics, portfolio risks, market data, cash flows, etc.)
- Collaborate with Legal, Compliance, Credit, Operations and other divisions within the firm to achieve the objectives of the growing business
- Assist in updating departmental policies/procedures; ensure departmental and firmwide guidelines are followed
- Communicate the firm's goals and objectives
- Perform other duties as assigned
Basic Qualifications•Minimum 3 years of consumer and small business lending experience, with completion of formal bank credit training program a plus. Business financial statement/cash flow analysis and credit underwriting. Consumer loan origination, underwriting, monitoring and risk containment experience.
- Independent thinker who will be proactive, confident and professional in dealings with internal/external customers, third-party vendor partners, other RMD teams, and senior managers
- Possess excellent time management/organizational skills with a keen eye toward attention to detail; must have ability to handle a fast-paced environment and deadlines with minimum supervision; successfully meet established project requirements and deadlines; must have ability to work independently and multi-task
- Strong ability to organize, analyze and interpret legal and compliance related materials
- Good judgment, sound decision making and problem solving skills
- Outstanding initiative and excellent communication/presentation skills (both verbal and written)
- Advanced proficiencies in MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Capable of recommending modifications to existing policies/procedures to control risk and improve performance/efficiencies
- Light travel as required
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top