Realty Management Division, US Real Estate, Investment Manager, Vice President- GSAM Private Real Estate, Dallas
The Realty Management Division (RMD) plays an integral role in supporting the firm's real estate investing strategy by providing investment and asset management services. US Real Estate is a team within RMD that provides services to the firm's investing divisions such as sourcing, underwriting, asset management, financing, portfolio management, and construction oversight across various asset types including office, multifamily and hotel.
Goldman Sachs & Co, located in Dallas, TX seeks a Vice President, Investment Manager with expertise in valuations of commercial real estate. This role will support the Goldman Sachs Asset Management Division Private Real Estate team that manages two US open-ended Core / Core Plus funds and Value Add Separate Accounts with institutional investors.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Responsibilities and Qualifications
This role engages in asset, investment and fund performance measurement, investor level reporting, management of fund and investment liquidity, coordinating quarterly business plan process, presentations and valuation approvals, internal asset and debt valuations and third party valuation appraisal coordination, management of existing debt (compliance with covenants and lender deliverables), investment structuring and closing, oversight of strategic partner relationships, and fund analysis to senior management to support and enable strategic capital decisions.
- Review and analyze business plan models for determination of quarterly valuations and performance.
- Daily interaction with head of business units to manage active real estate portfolios and influence business decisions that impact investment performance. Will interact with senior management team in NY, Asset Management, Controllers, Legal, Tax, and third party consultants.
- Oversee and direct quarterly business plan and valuation process.
- Coordinate with Investment and Fund Accounting groups for property capital requirements and financial reporting. Calculate and analyze performance returns on a quarterly basis and oversee the reporting of specific returns to a third party for composite tracking.
- Lead in providing ongoing fund and investment level reporting and ad hoc reporting for local and NY business units.
- Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university
- 7+ minimum years of experience in real estate portfolios, with preference for previous experience with investment valuations and/or working in a private equity real estate firm, REIT, or Core Fund
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment; set prioritization for the team
- Strong project management skills as well as ability to manage senior leadership
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and all Word products
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top