Realty Management Division, US Real Estate Asset Manager, Associate - Dallas
Realty Management Division - US Real Estate Associate
The Realty Management Division (RMD) plays an integral role in supporting the firm's real estate investing strategy by providing investment and asset management services. US Real Estate is a team within RMD that provides services to the firm's investing divisions such as sourcing, underwriting, asset management, financing, portfolio management, and construction oversight across various asset types including office, multifamily and hotel.
Goldman Sachs & Co, located in Dallas, TX seeks Associate within RMD US Real Estate to support the Goldman Sachs Asset Management Division Private Real Estate team that manages two US open-ended Core / Core Plus funds and Value Add Separate Accounts with institutional investors.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Primary responsibilities will include managing a portfolio of 5 to 10 assets (core / value-add commercial) which includes business plan preparation and presentation, developing monthly cash flow projections, monthly and/or quarterly reporting, oversight of third party service providers, capital plan oversight, business plan execution, and ultimate disposition of real estate assets.
- Prepare and present business plans, including financial and asset performance data
- Work with Asset Manager to support strategic goals established with the GSAM PRE team including leasing and disposition strategy
- Support execution of asset strategies to maximize value through market / product knowledge and value-add strategies
- Support the acquisition of real estate investment opportunities through due diligence and underwriting efforts
- Review and analyze various asset reports from third parties, including monthly PMC operating reports, accounting files, CapEx projections and monthly Rent Rolls
- Engage and provide oversight of third parties which perform the day-to-day operations of the assets, including, but not limited to operating partners and property management companies, conduct weekly / monthly calls and asset visits
- Support disposition efforts of real estate assets including contract negotiation, transaction management and closing
- Work closely with internal stakeholders such as Finance, Compliance and Legal
- Strong academic background - 4 year finance, real estate, accounting or math background preferred
- Minimum 4+ years of real estate experience with asset management and transaction experience in multiple product types preferred
- Strong modeling and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (clear, concise, and confident) with the ability to manage internal and external relationships
- Must know MS Office Excel and Argus to an advanced level
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team setting
- Able to work under tight time constraints and extended hours as required
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top