Realty Management Division - Trade Analytics - Analyst - Bengaluru
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group is a bank holding company and a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Goldman Sachs provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
Realty Management Division (RMD) primarily supports the Securities Division, Investment Banking Division, the Investment Management Division and the Merchant Banking Division within Goldman Sachs. RMD is responsible for directing and facilitating due diligence (at both the deal and asset levels) for the acquisitions and sales/securitizations of residential loan portfolios, and ensuring completion of transaction closing requirements. Post trade RMD is responsible for the Asset management and facilitation of the portfolio's strategies including interacting with third party vendors to manage assets.
The Trade Analytics team within RMD located in Bangalore, is seeking a financial analyst to support the Investment Banking Division, Securities Division and Merchant Banking Division in the analytics they require when purchasing or selling portfolios of loans. A successful candidate will be responsible for thoughtful, quantitative analysis surrounding the analytics of loan portfolios, financial modeling, due diligence and other financial analysis.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Providing analyses of client portfolios, such as Mortgages (Residential and Commercial), Commercial and Consumer Loans (Student, Credit Card, Auto, Personal, etc). This involves data extraction, quality check, portfolio segmentation based on key collateral characteristics and data stratification.
- Learning the methodology and mechanics of internal loan pricing models, being able to apply these models to potential acquisitions or in advisory capacity.
- Providing thoughtful color and commentary regarding the performance of collateral and key valuation drivers.Estimating credit losses on the collateral using existing valuation models and summarizing output for management/client presentation.
- Running different rating agency models to determine credit enhancement for the underlying pool.
- Ensure the flow of data underneath all of the analytics is accurate. This includes ensuring accuracy on all the deal related documents in a timely manner.
- Liaising internally and externally to ensure effective portfolio analysis.
- Fulfilling ad hoc project requests
- Strong academic background - 2 to 3 years related business, math, or accounting background with a minimum 3.0 GPA equivalent
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong mathematical and analytical aptitude and attention to detail Ability to prioritize workload and manage expectations until projects are finished
- Give evidence of being a strong team player, collaborate with others within and across teams
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to express relevant, technical concepts in a clear and concise manner and with the ability to manage internal and external relationships
- Think ahead, anticipate questions, plan for contingencies, find alternative solutions, identify clear objectives and make defensible judgments regarding workflow. See the big picture and effectively analyze complex issues
- Mortgage banking or other financial industry experience preferred
- Up-to-date with emerging business, economic, and market trends
- Must know or be able to learn Excel to an advanced level
- SQL , knowledge of database objects and data structures is a plus
- Experience working with large sets of data a plus
- Able to work under tight time constraints and extended hours as required
- Project management and organizational skills
- Candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic and team oriented
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top