Realty Management Division, Residential Mortgages Asset Management Analytics, Asset Management Analytics & Reporting, Associate/Vice President, Irving
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We use our expertise to provide investment and asset management services in the real estate market, partnering with other divisions in the firm to deliver results wherever Goldman Sachs has an interest. Our work is divided across hospitality, loan asset management, real estate credit investing, portfolio management, real estate asset management and residential mortgage asset management. If you're passionate about real estate and finance, have strong analytical skills, and are a great communicator who is eager to make an impact, realty management could be the right place for you.
Residential Mortgages Asset Management (RMAM) is a business unit within the Realty Management Division (RMD) primarily supporting the Securities division's Mortgage Loan Trading and Investment Banking's Structured Finance desks. RMAM is responsible for directing and facilitating due diligence (at both the deal and asset levels) for the acquisitions and sales/securitizations of residential loan portfolios, and ensuring completion of transaction closing requirements. Post trade RMAM is responsible for the Asset management and facilitation of the portfolio's strategies and portfolio performance reporting.
Goldman Sachs & Co, located in Irving TX, is seeking an Associate/Vice President to support the Residential Mortgages Asset Management and Securities division's Mortgage Loan Trading groups. A successful candidate will be responsible for the evolution and ongoing development of the reporting and informational needs of the Residential Mortgage Asset Management's group, specifically as it pertains to the distressed loan investments and trading profit/loss portfolio. This position will report to Residential Mortgage Asset Management's Data Analytics & Reporting Team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Collaborate with Loan Trading, Due Diligence and Asset Management groups to develop and cultivate a reporting portfolio that accurately evaluates the due diligence results and reflect the operational performance of the portfolio.
- Assist in creation of detailed Operational Reporting solutions and Executive Dashboards to portray, for example, profit/loss, rate of return, cash flow, and performance of residential mortgage loans across multiple portfolios.
- Design, develop and maintain the Key Performance Indicator (KPI) library, ensuring visibility and transparency to strategic objectives of the Assets Management group.
- Assist to evaluate and understand the evolving reporting needs of the underlying business functions being supported.
- Assist in ensuring data consumption needs are standardized across various sources, and that a complete and accurate Key Business Element (KBE) data lineage exists in accordance with data management best practices and standards.
- Safeguard the integrity and accuracy of the BI model though strong governance routines, data exception and drift analysis.
- Creation and maintenance of the Reporting Portfolio. Ensure reporting solutions are delivered timely and accurately, in accordance with established SLAs.
- Collaborate with Technology to bring efficiencies in business process through the appropriate adoption and integration of technological solution / tools and corporate-wide solutions.
- Strong academic background - 4 year related business, informational systems, math, or accounting degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Experience in a data, analytics and / or reporting role.
- Mortgage banking, Real Estate or other financial industry experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills (clear, concise, and confident) with the ability to manage internal and external relationships.
- Proficient in SQL and relational databases.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL concepts and ETL tools preferred (e.g. creation of stored procedures and SSIS).
- Experience developing in Tableau, Cognos or SSRS.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience working with large datasets (big data) is a plus.
- Experience developing analysis and reporting on loan portfolios.
- Solid analytical / logical mindset and attention to detail.
- Able to work under tight time constraints and extended hours as required.
- Maintains composure and attentiveness under pressure, tight deadlines and increased workflow.
- Familiar with Project Management concepts and / or has excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong and concise communication techniques, with the ability to translate between Technology and Business, while managing internal and external relationships.
- Ability to see work through to completion, manage expectations and provide timely updates.
- Team player
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top