Realty Management Division, Residential Mortgage Asset Management, Trades Analytics, Analyst/Associate - Dallas
The Realty Management Division (RMD) plays an integral role in supporting the firm's real estate investing strategy by providing investment and asset management services globally in the real estate market, partnering with other divisions in the firm to deliver results wherever Goldman Sachs has an interest. RMD serves as an extension to revenue divisions by providing services such as sourcing, acquisition, underwriting and due diligence of distressed and performing real estate and loan assets, asset management, portfolio management and disposition across various property types including office, multi-family, retail and hotel. Our division also manages residential loan portfolios and warehouse repo lines across auto, student, and consumer asset classes while providing structure, pricing and collateral analysis support. We look for individuals who are passionate about real estate and finance, have strong problem solving and analytical skills, and are great communicators who are eager to make an impact.
Residential Mortgages Asset Management (RMAM) is a business unit within the Realty Management Division (RMD) primarily supporting the Securities division's Mortgage Loan Trading and Investment Banking's Structured Finance desks. RMAM is responsible for directing due diligence (at both the deal and asset levels) and analytics for the acquisitions, sales and securitizations of residential loan portfolios, and ensuring completion of transaction closing requirements. Post trade RMAM is responsible for the Asset management and facilitation of the portfolio's strategies and portfolio performance reporting.
Goldman Sachs & Co, located in Dallas, TX, is seeking an Associate/ Analyst to support Residential Mortgage Asset Management, Securities Division's Mortgage Loan Trading and Banking groups. The successful candidate will be responsible for the analysis of performing and non-performing loan acquisitions, sales, securitizations, P&L reporting, and back-testing.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Work with the trading desk on various stages of potential non-performing and re-performing loan bids (NPL/RPL), normalize and load loan level data into internal databases, analyze and stratify pools, determine appropriate modeling assumptions, run analytics and produce bid packets and investment committee memos
- Interact with the Mortgage Banking team on deal securitizations to produce analytics, schedules for the governing documents, accurate loan level data, and work with transaction managers on diligence items
- Work with the desk on monthly marking of residential mortgage warehouse positions
- Work with the trading desk on single-family and multi-family Agency CMO tie-outs and deal management . Coordinate with Agencies, Accountants and Legal on confirming final structure, analytics, cashflows, balances, yields etc.
- Collaborate with transaction managers and due diligence teams to ensure all post-bid activities related to final settlement of awarded bids are accurately reflected in the systems
- Provide thoughtful monthly quantitative analysis on the key drivers of portfolio performance and recommend actionable strategies to asset managers and the trading desk
- Produce detailed monthly reports on P&L, returns, cashflows and collateral performance of the loan portfolio across multiple portfolios
- Conduct a periodic model back-testing on the existing portfolio and recommend modeling assumptions adjustments to the trading desk
- Collaborate across internal teams (Data Management, Operations, Technology, and Modeling) to ensure the quality of data, accurate cash processing, and validate modeling assumptions
- Strong Academic Background - 4 year related Finance, Accounting, Math, or Engineering with a min 3.2 GPA
- Superior analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (clear, concise, and confident) with the ability to manage internal and external relationships
- Must know or be able to learn Microsoft Excel at an advanced level
- Experience working with large sets of data a plus
- Technical Skills including SQL, Tableau a plus
- Ability to work under tight time constraints and extended hours as required
- Mortgage banking or other Financial Industry experience preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top