Realty Management Division - Residential Mortgage Asset Management - Due Diligence Collateral Management, Associate/Analyst (Irving, TX
Goldman, Sachs & Co. is seeking a Collateral Management Associate/Analyst to support the Realty Management Division’s (RMD) Residential Mortgages Asset Management (RMAM), Securities Division’s Mortgage Loan Trading Desk, and Investment Banking Division’s Structured Finance groups.
The Collateral Associate/Analyst is responsible for reviewing mortgage documentation for accuracy and completeness for whole loan acquisitions, securitizations and sales. The Collateral Management Associate/Analyst will review all collateral document deficiencies for curative actions.
- Perform endorsement and assignment chain reviews, identify exceptions and facilitate cures
- Analyze property reports, vendor reports, custodian reports to identify assignment chain breaks or deficiencies
- Perform research, follow-up and problem resolution on collateral documents in a timely and accurate manner
- Coordinate with internal and external parties to cure document deficiencies
- Manage vendor oversite and performance
- Report and track document status and deficiency until resolved
- Document and maintain quality notes and accurate summaries on all collateral reviews
- Reconcile and report on internal and external data (custodian, collateral vendors, servicers’ reporting, etc.)
- Support other departments with collateral related research (Asset Management, Deal Management Team and Trade Desk Support)
- Escalate adverse findings and potential loan drops to Collateral Manager, Transaction Manager(s), Asset Management and Trade Desk(s)
- Ensure departmental and corporate guidelines are followed, and objectives are achieved
Basic Qualifications• Minimum 2-5 years of US mortgage document management and/or document custodial experience, with an emphasis in collateral requirements for whole loan and GSE sales/purchases
- Familiarity with Assignments of Mortgage, Allonges, Lost Note Affidavits and Attorney Bailee Letters
- Independent thinker who will be proactive, assertive and professional in dealing with internal/external customers, third-party vendor partners, other RMD/RMAM departments and senior managers
- Capable of recommending modifications to existing policies/procedures to control risk and improve performance/efficiencies
- Strong self-confidence, good judgment, and sound decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle a high-stress, fast-paced environment and aggressive deadlines with minimum supervision; successfully meet established project requirements and deadlines
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Outstanding initiative and excellent communication/presentation skills (both verbal and written)
- Possess strong organizational and detail-oriented skills
- Advanced proficiencies in MS Excel
- Must have flexibility to work extended hours (and occasional weekends) if needed
- Must have flexibility for occasional travel
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top