Realty Management Division, Residential Mortgage Asset Management, Document Collateral Management, Associate/Vice President, Irving
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Bangalore, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Residential Mortgages Asset Management (RMAM) is a business unit within the Realty Management Division (RMD) primarily supporting the Securities Division’s Mortgage Loan Trading and Investment Banking Division’s Structured Finance desks. RMAM is responsible for directing and facilitating due diligence (at both the deal and asset levels) for the acquisitions and sales/securitizations of residential loan portfolios, and ensuring completion of transaction closing requirements. Post trade RMAM is responsible for the Asset Management and facilitation of the portfolio’s strategies.
Goldman Sachs & Co, located in Irving TX, is seeking is seeking a Vice President primarily responsible for collaborating with both the Collateral Management and Transaction Management teams to ensure all Mortgage Loan Collateral Management activities and responsibilities are timely conducted, reported and communicated to all appropriate internal/external parties. Additional responsibilities include assisting with the oversight and maintenance of all portfolio document collateral, reviewing collateral documentation to determine the current ownership status of an asset, coordinating due diligence reviews for the acquisition of residential loan portfolios, facilitating the sales/securitizations of assets, and conducting vendor reviews on Goldman Sachs’ third-party vendor partners.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
- Coordinate, monitor and report the performance of mortgage loan document collateral audits/due diligence reviews of residential mortgage loans, including facilitation of document reviews (classification and determination of acceptability), endorsement and assignment chain reviews, etc.
- Communicate to internal stakeholders the on-going status of Collateral Management related activities and responsibilities in a timely matter, maintaining an acute awareness of the fast-paced nature and condensed timelines for capital markets’ trades
- For trade related reviews, escalate adverse findings and potential drops to Transaction Manager(s) and Trade Desk(s)
- Report and track any identified issues until resolved; issue final reports identifying risk/significant issues, resolutions, financial impact, etc.
- Review, understand, and act on deal level documents (e.g., MLPA, R&W, Side Letter, etc.)
- Actively participate in all requisite vendor management related matters, including maintaining KPIs on third-party vendor partners, conducting on-site reviews of vendors’ operations, assist in updating departmental policies/procedures, etc.
- Perform due diligence on prospective new Sellers/Counterparties/Servicers/Third-Party Vendor Partners
- Actively participate in system/technology related projects (e.g., assist IT/System Administration with design, analysis, testing, and implementation aspects of enhancements made to the Collateral Management System/COMMAND system)
- Assist the Valuation Team and Default Servicing Team on acquisitions to identify issues discovered through property report reviews and miscellaneous diligence materials; determine resolutions/potential cures
- Ensure departmental and corporate guidelines are followed, and objectives are achieved
- Communicate the firm’s goals and objectives
- Perform other duties as assigned
Basic Qualifications•Minimum of 10 years of extensive residential mortgage loan collateral or custodial management experience, with thorough knowledge of all collateral requirements for private whole loan and GSE sales / purchases
- Independent thinker who will be proactive, assertive and professional in dealing with internal/external customers, third-party vendor partners, other RMD/RMAM departments, and senior managers
- Ability to handle a high-stress, fast-paced environment, and aggressive deadlines with minimum supervision; successfully meet established project requirements and deadlines
- Strong communicator with ability to manage competing priorities/strong project management skills
- Outstanding initiative and excellent communication/presentation skills (both verbal and written)
- Possess strong organizational and detail-oriented skills
- Capable of recommending modifications to existing policies/procedures to control risk and improve performance/efficiencies
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Advanced proficiencies in MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Must have flexibility to work extended hours, occasional weekends, and occasional travel as needed
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top