Realty Management Division - Residential Mortgage Asset Management - Consumer Whole Loan - Analyst - Irving, TX
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We use our expertise to provide investment and asset management services in the real estate market, partnering with other divisions in the firm to deliver results wherever Goldman Sachs has an interest. Our work is divided across hospitality, loan asset management, real estate credit investing, portfolio management, real estate asset management and residential mortgage asset management. If you're passionate about real estate and finance, have strong analytical skills, and are a great communicator who is eager to make an impact, realty management could be the right place for you.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Residential Mortgages Asset Management (RMAM) is a business unit within the Realty Management Division (RMD) primarily supporting the Securities division's Mortgage Loan Trading and Investment Banking's Structured Finance desks. RMAM is responsible for directing and facilitating due diligence for the financing, acquisition and sale/securitization of consumer and residential loan portfolios. RMAM also performs primary asset management functions for the Asset-Backed Warehouse Lending portfolio.
Goldman Sachs & Co, located in Irving TX, is seeking an Analyst to support the Consumer Whole Loan business.
- Produce portfolio stratifications based on loan level credit characteristics for potential acquisitions and securitizations of consumer loan pools
- Analyze delinquency and charge off rate trends to identify credit risk and performance enhancement opportunities relative to credit, collateral and operational efficiencies with minimal guidance
- Perform ongoing portfolio monitoring, reporting and trend analysis by analyzing loan performance data on different pools of loans
- Create and maintain credit underwriting criteria models to test loan level compliance prior to the acquisition of any pools of consumer loans
- Prepare reporting solutions for ongoing and ad-hoc requests. Familiarity with Tableau, Excel, SQL and CAS are helpful. Ability to produce interactive graphs, pivot tables, etc.
- Create, maintain, and present detailed information with respect to acquisition and securitization activity across multiple portfolios
- Provide thoughtful monthly reporting decks deal by deal, highlighting end of month positions, loan performance and loan-level compliance to the respective credit underwriting criteria
- Interact and collaborate with internal teams (Data Management, Operations and Technology) across the firm to ensure quality of data, accurate cash processing, and other projects as assigned
- Analyze underwriting guidelines and perform gap analysis to identify potential risk
- Assist IBD and mortgage trading desk with ongoing ad-hoc requests
- Strong academic background - 4 year related business or math degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA equivalent
- Solid analytical/logical mindset and strong attention to detail
- Team player
- Strong communication skills (clear, concise, and confident) with the ability to manage internal and external relationships
- Mortgage banking / capital markets experience preferred
- Able to work under tight time constraints and extended hours as required
- Project Management and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage expectations until projects are finished
- Knowledge of Excel at an advanced level a plus
- Experience working with large sets of data a plus
- Experience with SQL and CAS a plus
- Tableau experience a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top