Realty Management Division, Residential Mortgage Asset Management, Collateral Management, Associate - Dallas
The Realty Management Division (RMD) plays an integral role in supporting the firm's real estate investing strategy by providing investment and asset management services globally in the real estate market, partnering with other divisions in the firm to deliver results wherever Goldman Sachs has an interest. RMD serves as an extension to revenue divisions by providing services such as sourcing, acquisition, underwriting and due diligence of distressed and performing real estate and loan assets, asset management, portfolio management and disposition across various property types including office, multi-family, retail and hotel. Our division also manages residential loan portfolios and warehouse repo lines across auto, student, and consumer asset classes while providing structure, pricing and collateral analysis support. We look for individuals who are passionate about real estate and finance, have strong problem solving and analytical skills, and are great communicators who are eager to make an impact.
Residential Mortgages Asset Management (RMAM) is a business unit within the Realty Management Division (RMD) primarily supporting the Security Division's Mortgage Loan Trading and Investment Banking's Structured Finance desks. RMAM is responsible for directing and facilitating due diligence for the financing, acquisition and sale/securitization of consumer and residential loan portfolios. RMAM also performs primary asset management functions for the Asset-Backed Warehouse Lending portfolio.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Goldman Sachs & Co, located in Dallas, TX, is seeking is seeking an Associate primarily responsible for collaborating with various internal partners including, but not limited to the Document Collateral Team, Transaction Management, Asset Management, the Mortgage Trading Desk, as well as applicable external parties to ensure all objectives and responsibilities related to the review and maintenance of residential mortgage collateral documents are timely conducted, reported and communicated. Primary responsibilities include assisting with the coordination of due diligence reviews and facilitating trade support with internal teams and external, third-party vendors related to the acquisition and sale/securitization of residential loan portfolios. Additional responsibilities of the Collateral Management Team include oversight and maintenance of the integrity and performance of all document collateral for portfolio assets, reviewing trailing document escalations, and working with vendor and internal partners to ensure any collateral deficiencies and/or defects are cured timely and accurately.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
- Coordinate and monitor the due diligence reviews of mortgage loan collateral documents by internal teams and third party vendors for live trades and ensure all timelines are communicated and successfully met
- Communicate to internal stakeholders the on-going status of due diligence related activities in a timely matter while maintaining an acute awareness of the fast-paced nature and condensed timelines for capital markets trades
- Analyze due diligence results and assess the risk associated with exceptions and adverse findings and report the financial impact and operational risk associated with significant collateral defects identified during diligence
- Review, understand, and act on deal level documents including purchase and sale agreements, bailee letters, letters of direction, legal memorandums, etc.
- Actively participate in all requisite vendor management related matters including maintaining KPIs on third-party vendor partners, conducting on-site reviews of vendors operations, assist in updating departmental policies/procedures, etc.
- Assist the Valuation Team and Default Servicing Team on acquisitions to identify issues discovered through property report reviews and miscellaneous diligence materials; determine resolutions/potential cures
- Ensure departmental and corporate guidelines are followed, and objectives are achieved
- Communicate the firms goals and objectives
- Minimum of 5 years of extensive residential mortgage loan collateral or custodial management experience with thorough knowledge of all collateral requirements for private whole loan and GSE sales / purchases
- Ability to handle a challenging, fast-paced environment and aggressive deadlines with minimum supervision; successfully meet established project requirements and deadlines
- Advanced proficiencies in MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Independent thinker and strong communicator who will be proactive, assertive and professional in dealing with internal/external customers including trade counterparties, third-party vendor partners, the Mortgage Trading Desk and other RMD/RMAM departments, and senior managers
- Outstanding organization, project management and presentation skills (both verbal and written)
- Capable of recommending, initiating and implementing new and modified policies/procedures to control risk and improve performance/efficiencies
- Must have flexibility to work extended hours, occasional weekends, and occasional travel as needed
Back to top