Realty Management Division, New Originations, Transaction Management, Vice President - Dallas
The Realty Management Division (RMD) plays an integral role in supporting the firm's real estate investing strategy by providing investment and asset management services globally in the real estate market, partnering with other divisions in the firm to deliver results wherever Goldman Sachs has an interest. RMD works closely with revenue divisions by providing services such as sourcing, acquisition, underwriting and due diligence of distressed and performing real estate and loan assets, asset management, portfolio management and disposition across various property types.
Residential Mortgages Asset Management (RMAM) is a business unit within the Realty Management Division (RMD) primarily supporting the Securities division's Mortgage Loan Trading and Mortgage Finance desks. RMAM is seeking a Vice President, primarily responsible for directing and facilitating due diligence (at both the deal and asset levels) for the acquisitions and sales/securitizations of newly originated or performing residential loan portfolios, ensuring completion of transaction closing requirements, and adherence to departmental, divisional and firmwide policies.
Additional responsibilities include recommending the scope of due diligence to be performed; negotiating with, selecting and managing third-party vendor partners who perform due diligence and provide various diligence related products and services; overseeing the due diligence processes; and reporting results while identifying issues and the resulting impacts.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Coordinate all aspects of due diligence for individual transactions (e.g., credit underwriting, data integrity, collateral, valuation, origination regulatory compliance, etc.); ensure due diligence meets agreed upon timelines
- Collaborate with Trade Desk(s) to finalize the due diligence scope, budget and timeline (inclusive of determining samples and preparing data files and diligence materials for third-party vendor partners)
- Perform primary liaison responsibilities between counterparties, Trade Desk(s), internal diligence teams (i.e., valuation, collateral management, credit and compliance) and third-party vendor partners
- Collaborate with internal diligence teams to obtain third-party vendor partner bids (discern adequate capacity); procure SOWs and engage/monitor third-party vendor partners
- Work closely with the internal diligence teams to identify/document loan level conditions/exceptions; assist with determining resolutions/potential cures
- Review, report and track issues, bid stips and condition clearings until resolution; issue interim and final reports identifying risks/escalated issues, resolutions, financial impact, etc.
- Maintain accurate reporting of loan level conditions, exceptions and data reconciliation to maintain data integrity
- Escalate adverse findings and loan level decisions to the Trade Desk(s) and senior management
- Maintain all diligence related data, communications, and vendor SOWs and results files
- Review, understand, and act on deal level documents (e.g., MLPA, R&W, Side Letter, etc.)
- Stay apprised and familiar with specific Rating Agencies securitization guidelines and reporting requirements
- Tie-out final diligence processes and applicable checklist(s) and deal expenses
- May assist with performing comparative (gap) analyses on underwriting guidelines and counterparty's reps and warranties
- May assist with annual on-site reviews of third-party vendor partners
- May assist with performing due diligence on prospective new sellers/counterparties/loan servicers/(on-boarding)third-party vendor partners; maintain KPIs on third-party vendor partners
- Actively participate in system/technology related projects (e.g., assist IT/System Administration team with design, analysis, testing, and implementation aspects of enhancements made to the Due Diligence System)
- Support other departmental teams as needed (e.g., Asset Management, Repurchase Team, Whole Loan Reporting, and Trade Desk Support)
- Minimum 7 years of extensive residential mortgage loan originations and/or servicing experience, with a familiarity of various mortgage products, and an emphasis in Credit Underwriting
- Independent thinker who will be proactive, aggressive and professional in dealings with internal/external customers, third-party vendor partners, other RMD/RMAM teams, and senior managers; be able to work at the detail level while managing account relationships
- Possess excellent time management/organizational skills with a keen eye toward attention to detail; must have ability to handle a high-stress, fast-paced environment, and aggressive deadlines with minimum supervision; successfully meet established project requirements and deadlines; must have ability to work independently and multi-task
- Strong ability to organize, analyze and interpret legal and compliance related materials
- Outstanding initiative and excellent communication/presentation skills (both verbal and written)
- Advanced proficiencies in MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Capable of recommending modifications to existing policies/procedures to control risk and improve performance/efficiencies
- Must have ability to travel and work extended hours (and occasional weekends) as needed
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top