Realty Management Division, Data Management and Reporting, Analyst- Dallas
The Realty Management Division (RMD) plays an integral role in supporting the firm's real estate investing strategy by providing investment and asset management services globally in the real estate market, partnering with other divisions in the firm to deliver results wherever Goldman Sachs has an interest. RMD serves as an extension to revenue divisions by providing services such as sourcing, acquisition, underwriting and due diligence of distressed and performing real estate and loan assets, asset management, portfolio management and disposition across various property types including office, multi-family, retail and hotel. Our division also manages residential loan portfolios and warehouse repo lines across auto, student, and consumer asset classes while providing structure, pricing and collateral analysis support. We look for individuals who are passionate about real estate and finance, have strong problem solving and analytical skills, and are a great communicators who are eager to make an impact.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Goldman Sachs is seeking an analyst to join the Data Management and Reporting team to support the Realty Management Division. The Data Management and Reporting team in RMD is responsible for standardizing and controlling all data flows with respect to real estate related products owned by the firm.
- Management and oversight of real estate and mortgage data, including data setup, database management, ETL and data validation
- Project management for the initiatives driven by the team
- Ensure the flow of data underneath all of the analytics is accurate and correct. Working with mortgage strategies, technology, and cash operations to that aim
- Reconcile data discrepancies and perform data analytics between external vendors and internal databases through analytics and research
- Coordinate with Technology and internal departments to develop new GUI data interfaces, create new vendor data feeds, and add enhancements to internal databases
- Facilitate communication between internal departments for shared use of data and definition
- Manage data dictionaries and large data stores
- Manage and create data related quality control checks for internal databases and provide resolution through analytic research
- Fulfill ad hoc data, reporting and analytics requests
- Define and model data pathways into databases and how corresponding business units can be affected by changes to data structure
- 1+ years of experience in Data Modeling, RDBMS Databases, ETL and Master Data Management
- Strong academic background - 4 year related engineering background with a minimum 3.0 GPA equivalent.
- Solid analytical/logical mindset and attention to detail
- Technical skills required include SQL, RDBMS Databases (SQL Server or Sybase ASE preferred), BI toolsets (Tableau), Data Modeling and Data Architecture knowledge
- Strong project management skills that include Stakeholder Management skills, program management experience and ability to translate requirements to deliverables.
- Ability to prioritize workload, and work with Technology to help drive data smart solutions
- Strong communication skills (clear, concise, and confident) with the ability to manage internal and external relationships
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Able to work under tight time constraints and extended hours as required
Good to have
- Experience working with large sets of data a plus
- Mortgage banking or other financial industry experience preferred
- Real Estate investment experience
- Commercial understanding of cash flow modelling and related concepts
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top