Realty Management Division, Consumer Whole Loan, Associate- Dallas
The Realty Management Division (RMD) plays an integral role in supporting the firm's real estate investing strategy by providing investment and asset management services globally in the real estate market, partnering with other divisions in the firm to deliver results wherever Goldman Sachs has an interest. RMD serves as an extension to revenue divisions by providing services such as sourcing, acquisition, underwriting and due diligence of distressed and performing real estate and loan assets, asset management, portfolio management and disposition across various property types including office, multi-family, retail and hotel. Our division also manages residential loan portfolios and warehouse repo lines across auto, student, and consumer asset classes while providing structure, pricing and collateral analysis support. We look for individuals who are passionate about real estate and finance, have strong problem solving and analytical skills, and are great communicators who are eager to make an impact.
Residential Mortgages Asset Management (RMAM) is a business unit within the Realty Management Division (RMD) primarily supporting the Security division's Mortgage Loan Trading and Investment Banking's Structured Finance desks. RMAM is responsible for directing and facilitating due diligence for the financing, acquisition and sale/securitization of consumer and residential loan portfolios. RMAM also performs primary asset management functions for the Asset-Backed Warehouse Lending portfolio.
Goldman Sachs & Co, located in Irving TX, is seeking an Associate to support the Consumer Whole Loan business.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Produce loan level stratifications based on loan level characteristics
- Perform quality control functions to ensure the quality of third party vendors
- Analyze underwriting guidelines and perform gap analysis to identify potential risk
- Analyzes portfolio trends for risks and opportunities relative to credit, collateral and operational efficiencies with minimal guidance
- Prepare reporting solutions for ongoing and ad-hoc items. Familiarity with Tableau, Excel, SQL and CAS are helpful. Ability to produce interactive graphs, pivot tables, etc.
- Participate and partner with Information Technology in support of Data Warehouse, reporting and other projects as assigned Monitoring credit underwriting criteria of loan portfolios to ensure compliance
- Present analysis and reporting to different internal clients in a clear and concise manner
- Maintain and apply knowledge of consumer lending data
- Maintain systems for tracking projects and communicate results to different business groups
- Strong academic background - 4 year related business or math degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA equivalent
- Solid analytical/logical mindset and attention to detail
- Team player
- Strong communication skills (clear, concise, and confident) with the ability to manage internal and external relationships
- Mortgage banking / capital markets experience preferred
- Able to work under tight time constraints and extended hours as required
- Project Management and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage expectations until projects are finished
- Knowledge of Excel at an advanced level a plus
- Experience working with large sets of data a plus
- Tableau experience a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top