Realty Management Division, Consumer Servicing Oversight, Vice President, Irving
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We use our expertise to provide investment and asset management services in the real estate market, partnering with other divisions in the firm to deliver results wherever Goldman Sachs has an interest. Our work is divided across hospitality, loan asset management, real estate credit investing, portfolio management, real estate asset management and residential mortgage asset management. If you're passionate about real estate and finance, have strong analytical skills, and are a great communicator who is eager to make an impact, realty management could be the right place for you.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Bangalore, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world. The Realty Management Division (RMD) leverages proven best practices, team experience, and market knowledge in delivering investment and asset management services. RMD provides loan and real estate investment services and asset management to investments where Goldman Sachs has an interest, serving as a partner to other divisions across the firm, including Merchant Banking, Securities and Investment Management. The Realty Management Division has offices in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
This role, within the Consumer Servicing Oversight (CSO) team is specific to management of risk associated with external vendors engaged to support consumer loan acquisition and loan servicing activities. This role will include direct and frequent contact with external vendors. External vendors may include loan servicers, due diligence providers, document custodians, and similar service providers. Internally, the role will require a close working relationship with the Realty Management Division, Global Compliance, Technology Risk, Legal, Credit and multiple investing divisions (i.e. Investment Banking, Securities). The role will include frequent presentations to the Firmwide Consumer Loan Servicing Vendor Management Committee. Consumer loan servicing and related oversight is highly regulated and requires interaction with federal and state regulators.
The candidate's responsibilities would include:
- Keep up to date with relevant regulatory guidance, industry practices and internal compliance policies and integrate into the CSO testing program accordingly
- Conduct initial and ongoing vendor due diligence and risk assessments
- Perform oversight and execute targeted assessments, including loan level testing of vendor practices to evaluate vendor compliance with firm and industry standards, applicable regulations and contractual requirements
- Prepare assessment summaries and detailed observation reports for exceptions and/ or risks identified during targeted assessments and loan level testing
- Work with management to develop appropriate remediation strategies for identified risks and incidents. Monitor all remediation plans through completion
- Evaluate vendor performance against SLA or contract, assess operating/control environment to help minimize the firm's exposure to regulatory and reputational risk
- Provide regular performance assessment reports to GS management and related Committees / working groups
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures and best practices for management of vendor performance and associated risk
- 10+ years work experience in consumer loan servicing compliance and/or financial services industry
- Knowledge of regulations governing the consumer loan servicing industry
- Experience managing teams
- Strong analytical, written, organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to exercise sound and balanced judgment in a highly regulated environment with aggressive deadlines; successfully meet established deadlines with minimum supervision
- Highly motivated, team oriented with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and relationship management skills with the ability to work collaboratively with external vendors and internal stakeholders
- Advanced proficiencies in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top