Realty Management Division, Consumer Servicing Oversight, Vendor Risk, Associate / VP, London
A position where you can apply your analytical and interpersonal skills to develop strong relationships and support the implementation of a program designed to minimize regulatory and reputational risk. We're looking for a professional to join our Consumer Servicing Oversight team within the Realty Management Division (RMD) who could use their skills to enhance our program of oversight and risk management related to consumer loan origination and servicing, property management and regulatory compliance.
The Realty Management Division (RMD) plays an integral role in supporting the firm's real estate investing strategy by providing investment and asset management services globally in the real estate market, partnering with other divisions in the firm to deliver results wherever Goldman Sachs has an interest. RMD serves as an extension to revenue divisions by providing services such as sourcing, acquisition, underwriting and due diligence of distressed and performing real estate and loan assets, asset management, portfolio management and disposition across various property types including office, multi-family, retail and hotel. Our division also manages residential loan portfolios and warehouse repo lines across auto, student, and consumer asset classes while providing structure, pricing and collateral analysis support. We look for individuals who are passionate about real estate and finance, have strong problem solving and analytical skills, and are a great communicators who are eager to make an impact.
The RMD Consumer Servicing Oversight team is responsible for overseeing the engagement of third party vendors and management of third party vendor risk. This role is specific to the management of third party risk for vendors engaged to support the firm's consumer real estate and loan investments.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Assist in the management of relationships with vendors including loan servicers, property managers, due diligence providers, consultants, external legal counsel, and similar service providers. Internally, the role will work closely with the RMD Asset Management team, Global Compliance, Legal, Merchant Banking, Securities and Investment Banking.
- Build and conduct targeted assessments to ensure vendor compliance with legal requirements, firm and industry standards and contractual provisions to help minimize the firm's exposure to regulatory and reputational risk
- Assist with sourcing and initial due diligence and risk assessment of potential vendors
- Prepare summaries and detailed observation reports for exceptions and/or risks identified during targeted assessments, loan level testing and asset inspections
- Work with key stakeholders to develop appropriate remediation strategies for identified risks and incidents
- Analyze data and develop reports and presentations for management and related Committees
- Contribute to the development of enhanced data requests and global management reporting
- Keep up to date with the European regulatory environment, actions, guidance and industry practices
- Provide a critical view of the CSO program scope and design to ensure it appropriately addresses the firm's risk exposure
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 4+ years' experience in business analysis, data management, IT, vendor management, compliance, legal, audit, loan servicing, or property management roles.
- Excellent IT skills and experience of data collation, reconciliation, analysis and presentation
- Proficiency in SQL, Excel, Powerpoint
- Data infrastructure, Data warehouse, business reporting tools experience a plus
- Strong communication skills (clear, concise, and confident) with the ability to develop and manage relationships with internal stakeholders and external vendors.
- Strong team player able to work efficiently and effectively, handling multiple tasks simultaneously and under pressure
- Proactive, highly motivated with a strong sense of ownership and accountability and strong organization skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to exercise sound and balanced judgment in a highly regulated environment with aggressive deadlines
- European language skills a plus
- Ability to travel required
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top