Realty Management Division, Construction Development, Vice President, Irving
The position is Vice President in the Construction Department of the Realty Management Division (RMD). As a department our primary role is investment oversight for real estate investments (debt and equity) with a significant development and construction component across all asset classes including multifamily, single family, hotel, office, retail, industrial, medical, timeshare, low income housing tax credit (LIHTC), casino, arena and stadium.
- We manage risk on large projects through our internal team and third party development managers
- We assess risk relating to building cost, schedule, design and entitlement status during the due diligence phase and manage operating partners during the execution phase of major development projects
- We manage joint venture partner relationships as primary interface or in conjunction with other asset managers as specific deals and resource availability dictate. Additionally we work closely with asset managers across RMD on strategic decisions relating to deployment of capital to maximize asset value.
Basic Qualifications• 6+ years experience
- Undergrad in architecture, engineering or construction management or similar degree.
- Masters degree in business, real estate or construction management a plus but not required.
- Candidate should demonstrate progressive responsibility managing large commercial and residential ground up development and major renovation projects.
- Primary experience should be as a project manager working for a contractor or real estate developer/owner. Experience working as an architect/engineer early in career is helpful but candidate must demonstrate project management expertise.
- A key requirement of this role is identifying and assessing risks on each deal during underwriting. Candidate must demonstrate strong awareness of the types of risks encountered on different project types.
- Candidate should understand the entire real estate development cycle from entitlement/zoning through design and permitting and ultimately construction.
- Candidate must be able to evaluate investment opportunities to determine if projected costs and schedules can be realized. Additionally evaluation of joint venture operating partners is a critical diligence requirement to ensure our investments are staffed properly.
- Candidate must demonstrate strong communication skills and be able to effectively communicate concerns and status to peers and senior leadership.
- Experience across a range of products types is a major plus.
- Some travel will be required and candidate must be able to adapt to changing requirements as deal flow and activity fluctuate.
- Candidate should have a strong network of professionals in the development and construction field.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top