Real-time Market Data Engineer (DE - Market Data) - VP - Stockholm
- Stockholm, Sweden
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
WHO WE ARE
Goldman Sachs is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net-worth individuals.
Founded in 1869, it is one of the oldest and largest investment banking firms. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Bangalore, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
We are committed to growing our distinctive Culture and holding to our core values which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasise integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork.
We are building out our Stockholm Data Engineering team, this is a unique opportunity to be part of starting up a EMEA data engineering centre of excellence in a global Tier 1 Investment Bank. You will be a part of industry leading community spanning New York, Dallas, Sydney and Bangalore.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Market Data provides critical input for all trading decisions that take place at Goldman Sachs. The Market Data Engineering team is responsible for the consumption and timely, accurate distribution of all real-time and historical data provided by global stock exchanges, brokers and data vendors including Bloomberg and Refinitiv (Reuters).
Our core service provides the firm with high volume of real-time streaming data that is globally accessible. It has high availabilty, is highly scalable with single digit millisecond latency SLAs for the most sensitive clients. This is engineered with a ticker plant that consists of hundreds of nodes, thousands of application instances, thousands of consumers, and updates peaks of millions of messages per second.
We are a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for technology. We look for engineers, with a growth mindset who are driven to automate and improve. Essential Skills include solid Network and OS (Linux/Solaris) fundamentals, SDLC experience (e.g. scripting, coding, git, svn) and the role would be a good fit for someone who feels they would thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment.
HOW WILL YOU FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Work with open-source, vendor and internally built software where appropriate
- Design, engineer, deploy, troubleshoot, patch and fix software and infrastructure while innovating on core platform design and architecture
- Engage with global team to establish and evolve best practice for operational excellence including availability, scalability, reliability, resiliency and performance.
- Solve problems in order of business value and understand that technical and business perfection are often competing goals.
- Engage with vendors, exchanges and internal businesses on impact and delivery of upcoming changes
- Gather and analyse metrics from both infrastructure and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding
- Positively contribute to continuous technical development of the team, including technical engineering documentation
- Deliver complex, business critical infrastructure projects
- Experience as DevOps Engineer, SRE, System Admin or equivalent role, with a desire to learn more.
- Ability to code or script (e.g. bash/python/go) using an SLDC environment (e.g. gitlab CI/CD).
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code processes and tooling.
- Strong understanding of Network and OS (Linux/Solaris) fundamentals.
- An understanding of the operational concerns in a demanding environment; ideally, but not necessarily, capital markets
- Resilient under pressure, have a mind-set of continuous improvement and desire to provide excellent service.
- Proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, performance bottlenecks, etc...
- Live service monitoring, logging, intelligent alerting, self-healing (network, server and application)
- Maintain live services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
- Ability to adapt and be open-minded, without skimping on our core values and standards.
- Driven to eliminate toil by designing/adopting better tools and automation techniques
- Financial markets/ trading business knowledge
- Knowledge of market data products eg. Refinitiv (TREP), Vela, Activ Financial, BPIPE
- Experience with large scale/ high frequency/low latency distributed applications
- Experience or knowledge of containerisation and cloud deploy (e.g. in AWS or GCP)
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top