Real Estate Management - Developer (Software Engineering Role) - London
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Technology Division, is at the critical center of our business. Our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Reality Management Division (RMD) looks after a multi-billion dollar portfolio of real estate positions. On any one day we might be building a Solar Farm in Asia, renovating an apartment complex in the Americas and selling a hotel business in Europe.
RMD Technology is the software engineering team that is dedicated to the Reality Management Division.
We create the tools that RMD used to manage their portfolio. We have teams working on a broad set of projects around:
- Data modelling, ETL and stewardship
- Modelling real estate investments as financial products
- Web-based tools for investment management, reporting and automation
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Partner with business users to identify, analyse, and define complex business requirements and to propose innovative solutions.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the globe to design and develop those solutions.
- Resolve issues by working the business, with colleagues across the globe and with back-office teams through to the resolution of the event.
- Optimize systems and resources by working individually or with regional teams
- Solid knowledge of Java, Python or a similar
- Object Oriented design and implementation experience
- Ability to cope with multiple demands on time and prioritize accordingly and communicate impact
- Bachelor's degree in the Computer Science or a Maths / Science / Engineering discipline
- Good communication skills. You will be working directly with the business.
- Ready to take on new challenges. You will be working with bespoke technologies including our in-house language Slang/SecDB.
- Ability to follow existing standards and architecture guidelines
- Ability to participate in code reviews
- Basic relational database skills SQL / DDL
- Experience developing applications with demonstrated experience with full software lifecycle and deploying applications to Production
- MongoDB/noSQL experience is a plus for our data management projects
- Web application development including React or AngularJS is a plus for our investment management project
- Knowledge of machine learning, real estate pricing or interest rate derivatives is useful for our real estate modelling project
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top