Real Estate Analyst /Associate, Milan
The Realty Management Division (RMD) leverages proven best practices, team experience, and market knowledge in delivering investment and asset management services. RMD provides real estate investment services and asset management to investments where Goldman Sachs has an interest, serving as a partner to other divisions across the firm, including Merchant Banking, Securities and Investment Management. RMD has employees in the Americas, Europe and Asia and is organized into six business units: Hospitality, Loan Asset Management, Real Estate Credit Investing, Portfolio Management, Real Estate Asset Management and Residential Mortgage Asset Management.
The Milan office of the Realty Management Division of Goldman Sachs is seeking a financial analyst to support our Italian Real Estate and Loan Business. The successful candidate will be responsible for thoughtful, quantitative analysis surrounding the performance of real estate investments, distressed and performing loan investments, and asset management strategies. The position will sit in the Italian Asset Management team and support the Realty Management Division’s asset managers, the Securities Division Special Situations Group and Merchant Banking Division.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Provide thoughtful colour and commentary regarding the performance of real estate investments/loan pools and key profit/loss drivers
- Ensure the flow of data is accurate and correct in partnership with securities strategists, technology, and operations
- Create, propose, and evaluate asset management strategies in collaboration with regional asset management team
- Learn the methodology and mechanics of internal real estate and loan pricing models to apply these models to existing inventory and potential acquisitions
- Evaluate various performing and RE and non-performing loan pools using firm and self-developed models
- Create, maintain, and present detailed information with respect to profit/loss, rate of return, cash flow, and performance across multiple portfolios
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Multilingual with strong preference for fluency in Italian
- Strong academic background – business, math, or accounting background
- 2-3 years’ experience in financial services, preferably with experience involving real estate and loans
- Solid analytical/logical mind-set and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (clear, concise, and confident) with the ability to manage internal and external relationships
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience working with large sets of data a plus (knowledge of database structures and SQL a plus)
- Prior technical or quasi-technical experience a plus
- Able to work under tight time constraints and extended hours as required
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top