Quantitative Software Engineer
As a strategist who sits in the Securities Division, you will play an integral role on the trading floor. You may create cutting-edge derivative pricing models and empirical models to provide insight into market behavior, or develop automated trading algorithms for the firm and its clients. You might be involved in analyzing exposures and structuring transactions to meet client needs, or involved in designing and developing complex parallel computing architectures, electronic trading tools, and advanced algorithms. Throughout the Securities Division, strategists are using quantitative and technological techniques to solve complex business problems.
THE SECURITIES DIVISION
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
Goldman Sachs’ strats are world leaders in solving complex business problems using mathematics and engineering skills. Our team is specifically focused on building an electronic multi-dealer platform called SIMON which is quickly evolving in to the market standard for structuring, distributing, and trading structured notes. Here is a recent Wall Street Journal article on SIMON and the team behind it. This is a unique opportunity for you to be part of a highly productive and motivated group of software and quant engineers, who are constantly looking to innovate and provide best-in-class FinTech platform to clients. You will collaborate on a daily basis with sales and trading involved in the SIMON effort.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Design and build workflow automation solutions for product issuance, distribution, order management, and life cycle event processing of structured notes
- Implement automated straight through processing solutions for structured notes transactions, including trade execution and OTC hedge booking
- API connectivity to relevant 3rd party technology vendors, lever their solution to boost platform functionality and meet client needs
- Collaborate with quant engineers to make state of the art pricing and analytics electronically accessible on the platform
- Expand SIMON solutions to other product classes such as insurance
- Use modern cloud computing, open source technology and SDLC tooling
- Collaborate with sales and trading on the daily basis to push the FinTech strategy and improve profitability of our business
Basic Qualifications•Undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science or related disciplines
- 2-4 years of experience in software industry. Advanced level of programming expertise in OO or functional language (Scala/Java/Python)
- Experience in web development and RESTful services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Qualifications•Passionate about large scale system building. Strong training in distributed systems, programming languages, and algorithms
- Good background in undergraduate mathematics is a big plus though not a pre-requisite
- Strong interest in learning about financial products and markets
- Passionate about entrepreneurship in FinTech space
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top