Quantitative Engineer - Risk - Risk Testing Group (RTG) - Analyst - Bengaluru
- Bengaluru, India
The Risk division is responsible for credit, market and operational risk, model risk, independent liquidity risk, and insurance throughout the firm.
Risk Testing Group (RTG)
An independent review group within the Risk Division, with an aim to provide assurance over the design and operating effectiveness of the firm's second line risk functions.
- Performs quantitative and qualitative validation of key regulatory and internal risk management initiatives
- Manages and conducts independent assessments and review of process and control design
- Ensures continuous monitoring over processes, underlying data, and supporting controls for the Risk Division
- Identifies potential material errors or omissions related to data accuracy, conformance with regulatory instructions, and ongoing effectiveness of key controls
- Prepares metrics and reporting to Risk Division senior management and governance committees
- Automates test methodology and test approaches using an object oriented programming languages
- Leverages reporting suites (such as Tableau) to create and deliver reports for the Risk Division
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Develop an understanding of firm's risk management framework, models, methodology, techniques, and processes
- Conduct independent review of key regulatory and internal initiatives and communicate results through formal reports
- Provide effective challenge of stakeholder process(es) and outcomes
- Create automated solutions (in an object oriented programming language) to re-engineer process design
- Liaise across relevant business, technology, and control functions to prioritize risks, challenge decisions, assumptions and tolerances, and drive appropriate risk response
- Develop and maintain effective and constructive stakeholder relationships
- Raise action items and independently validate remediation plans
- Contribute to the establishment of metrics and tools to assess and report on inherent risks, control strength and residual risk in a consistent and objective manner
- Undergraduate, MBA or Master's degree in Business or Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or Computer Science
- Exposure to qualitative and quantitative risk management (credit, market, liquidity or operational risk)
- Programming skills and experience with an object oriented programming language such as Java, Python or C++, to the level of building prototype risk analytics/productivity tools
- Experience in re-engineering and identifying improvements to systems, processes (risk and capital quantification, reporting, and supervision), and data structures
- Experience in controls surrounding risk governance, risk assessments, risk measurement, monitoring, and management, senior management and regulatory risk reporting
- Interest in financial markets and risk management, motivated by learning and continuous improvement
- Proactive with strong analytical, organizational, and influencing skills
- Keen to learn new information, adopt new skills and with the ability to identify and make improvements to systems and processes
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top