Quantitative Engineer - Risk - Risk Economics Strats (Loans) - Analyst/Associate - Bengaluru
- Bengaluru, India
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Irving and other major financial centers around the world. The Risk Economics strats team is a central part of the Goldman Sachs risk management framework with primary.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Develop macroeconomic and financial scenarios for firm-wide scenario-based risk management.
- Develop and implement statistical models for risk management and regulatory stress testing requirements.
- Analyze large datasets of risk metrics to extract valuable insights about the firm's exposures.
- Develop loss forecasting models and capital calculations for risk management and regulatory requirements
- Analyze portfolios and macro-economic data to determine potential impact on business performance, and integrate the trends to the portfolio loss forecasts.
- Identify existing and emerging drivers of risk in a portfolio, potential impact to the portfolio and proactive management.
- Research and develop new methodologies for capital allocation for investing and lending portfolios
- Develop and maintain risk/pricing calculation and risk infrastructure for lending investments
- Develop portfolio monitoring tools to manage the wide variety of investment products
Wholesale and Retail Loss Forecasting responsibilities:
- Research, develop and implement coding infrastructure and environment to facilitate analysis related to scenario development and Stressed ALLL impacts.
- Apply statistical and machine learning techniques as required for risk management purposes.
- Collaborate with other teams to understand different use-cases in order to develop and refine models.
- Document loss forecasting, stressed capital models and methodologies for both internal and regulatory requirements.
- Provide overall support to the team to meet requirements for regulatory stress-testing and business-asusual risk management scenario design and Stressed ALLL reserve calculations.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with advanced degree in a quantitative discipline (Quantitative Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics etc.). At least a master degree is required.
- Background in financial modeling, econometric modelling is preferred.
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize quantitative modeling techniques.
- Programming experience is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management / organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments
- At least 3-4 years of financial modeling, loss forecasting and business analytics related experience.
- Experience with regulatory capital requirements and loss forecast modelling; retail or wholesale loss forecasting, credit risk analytics, portfolio deep dive analytics is required.
- Experience with statistical techniques including segmentation, decision trees and other advanced risk predictive modeling methods.
- Acquainted with statistical packages (Python, R, etc.) is preferable, elementary knowledge of data mining
and data manipulation tools on big data platforms (Hadoop, Spark, etc.) will be given preference.
- Strong writing, presentation and communication skills; technical writing and documentation experience desired
- Strong project management / organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently across various stakeholders.
- Ability to do end-to-end project delivery.
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top