MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Goldman Sachs Electronic Trading
Goldman Sachs Electronic Trading (GSET) has launched an initiative to become the top provider in electronic trading by building superior technology and delivering high quality products. This vision is a multi-year investment in people, platforms and products. Join the team, and participate in the development and launch of best in class products for top clients across the industry. We are looking for eager, nimble and ambitious engineers to join our growing team of visionaries, and drive Goldman Sachs Electronic Trading to achieve and exceed our goals.
GSET Trading Platform Strats are responsible for building order management system, exchange connectivity, and internalization for Equities, Listed Options and Swap. They are responsible for requirements gathering from Sales/Trading, research, design, implementation, testing, support, and monitoring trading performance for strategies running on trading platforms. The team interfaces on a regular basis with Sales, Trading, Compliance, Legal and other Strats or Technology teams.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Design, build and maintain a high-performance, high-availability, high-capacity, yet nimble and adaptive trading platform to internal and external clients.
- Use data to guide decision-making, developing or enhancing tools as necessary to collect it.
- Understand North and South American market rules, regulations, exchange service offerings and implement changes to these on an on-going basis.
- Communication with traders, sales, clients and compliance officers about new feature requests, explanation of existing features etc.
- Bachelor or Master degree in STEM with 3 to 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Proficiency in either Java or C++
- Aptitude for algorithms, data structures, and software design
- Experience with Linux operating system internals and/or networking concepts
- Experience in data driven performance analysis and optimizations
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Linux systems programming experience including memory management, concurrent programming infrastructure, and the networking stack
- Experience with distributed systems design, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Low latency or real time software development
- Order/execution management system and exchange connectivity experience for Equities and Listed Options
- Strong interpersonal skills, drive, and ownership
- Knowledge of financial markets
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity