Quantitative Engineer - Desk Strat - FICC Systematic Market Making
- Bengaluru, India
FICC SMM is a cross-asset systematic market-making business covering FX, commodities, interest rates, and credit. Our front-office team includes a mix of technologists, strats and traders responsible for all aspects of the business, from quantitative research and trading to low-level software implementation.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
- Work closely with Trading to generate ideas for system enhancements that drive commercial performance
- Work closely with Technology to develop critical system functionalities and maintain its stability
- Deploy trading algorithms to new asset classes, across Asia swaps and bonds
- Implement, test and deploy these ideas
- Conduct Client flow analysis with Sales and Trading to improve our pricing strategies
- Conduct market microstructure research to improve our risk management and hedging strategies
Successful members of our team hold advanced degrees in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) discipline. We are interested in bright individuals who have strong computational and mathematical backgrounds, experience in electronic financial markets, and possess skills in the following areas:
- Programming experience in Java/C++
- Interest in algorithmic trading
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous experience developing large scalable systems
- Previous experience with analysis of large data sets (SQL, KDB or other similar tick database)
- Previous experience in electronic trading or statistical/machine learning
- Strong knowledge in operating system, networking and its performance tuning
- Previous experience with quantitative research, especially in interest rates, would be a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top