Quantitative Engineer - Corporate Treasury Engineering
- Warsaw, Poland
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Corporate Treasury Engineering team is looking for world class software engineers to work closely with Corporate Treasury business partners and help automate and improve financial liquidity management function within large investment bank. The team works like fin tech group using latest technologies and focuses on building big data platform to process all business transactions and projection to develop data analytics and reporting that help optimize liquidity of the firm.
Our Corporate Treasury Engineering team is a world leader in developing quantitative techniques and technological solutions that solve complex and commercial business problems. We partner with our firm's treasurer and other members of Corporate Treasury senior leadership to build software and automated tools/reports that help manage the firm's liquidity risk/projections, funding programs, and investing any excess liquidity.
In this role, you will be provided unique insight into the firm's business activities and asset strategy. You will be responsible for defining, developing software's to analyze data, built metric calculators, automated tools to help business get insights into data, predict scenarios and perform better decision making to reduce interest expenses for the firm. This front to back model gives software developer's window into all aspects of CT planning and execution while working on cutting edge industrial technologies such as big data/hdfs, prestro, AWS, Python, snowflake, REACT etc.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Use engineering to identify and measure risk and to implement quantitative and technical financial solutions in software
- Forge strong relationships with our key business partners, understand financial markets, liquidity management strategies to develop and enhance our treasury systems and processes
- Apply analytics via code to drive commercial outcomes and communicate with precision and clarity
- Understand business needs, facilitate and develop process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation
- Develop scalable architecture and implement software's following full SDLC cycle - processing millions of transactions to identify liquidity impact and allocate to various business, build big data reporting platforms and analytics using prestro/HDFS
- Explore latest technology offering and platforms to strategize and build optimum technology solutions
- Work very closely with business to create real time impact and deliver product with most commercial value to Firm's revenue
- Bachelors' or Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Strong programming experience in at least one compiled language (e.g. C++, Java, Python)
- Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills - demonstrated ability to learn technologies and apply
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and leadig a team
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
- 6+ years of technology programming experience
- Experience in designing highly scalable, efficient systems
- Web technology design experience is plus ( React JS/Angular)
- Familiarity with financial markets, financial assets, and liquidity management is plus
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top