Quant Developer | Merchant Banking Division
- New York, NY
The Merchant Banking Division (MBD) invests in corporate equity and debt, real estate equity and debt, and infrastructure-related assets and companies. The division operates on a global platform with some of the most cutting edge technology the firm has to offer. We work in a fast-paced, exciting environment with individuals with versatile skills and a passion for technology and investing.
The Merchant Banking Strategists collaborate with investing and finance professionals to build tools and analytics supporting all aspects of the Merchant Bank's investing and lending activities. They create high tech systems and analytics, developing innovative software applications to help structure, value, hedge, risk manage the investments and portfolios, and assist processes and reporting.
What We Do
We are a global multi-asset class investing and lending business. Strategists focus on modeling, portfolio valuation, and risk management.
As a strategist, you will create cutting edge models used in corporate, middle market and retail sectors to provide insights in market behaviors and to help our business grow. You will create complex computational architectures, leveraging advances in very large data store, parallel processing and other automation tools to meet the challenge of a rapidly growing and evolving business.
Who We Look For
We are looking for an individual who can develop new models, systems and processes in a commercial environment. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest technologists, to challenge the status quo and push the envelope in technology and finance.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Strategists generally taken on projects that comprise of both engineering and commercial components. Recent examples include:
- Portfolio management
- Quantitative risk metrics development
- New business development from a system design and modeling perspective
- Macroeconomic risk management and macro-hedge strategies
- Capital allocation and scenario analysis
- Behavioral models in consumer finance
- Data science applications in finance
- Strong communication skills, ability to convey technical topics to diverse audience, from technologists to senior business leaders
- Mathematical knowledge - calculus, probability, statistics
- Programming skills
- Academic background in a technical field - Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or natural sciences, Pure or Applied Mathematics, or statistics
- Ability to design robust and scalable software
- Commercial focus, team-oriented, self-motivated
- Quantitative undergraduate or graduate degree
- Experience working on a trading desk or similarly dynamic, open environment
- Knowledge of financial engineering such as derivatives modeling (e.g. interest rates, fx, equity) and/or FinTech (behavioral finance)
- Experience in analyzing very large dataset / machine learning
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top