PWM Technology - Software Engineer
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Using Kafka, Spark Streaming & MemSQL to build a Big-Data processing pipeline that is able to process millions of transactions in near real-time
- Given a starting portfolio and a target portfolio, generating a set of orders that are compliant to various investment guidelines, leveraging linear programming techniques and industry standard optimizers
- Scaling a model portfolio of ideal investment to thousands of real client portfolios, while accounting for the specific restrictions and investment objectives of each
- Creating Platform-As-A-Service offerings including Kafka Clusters, In-Memory Data Stores (Gemfire) & Virtualized Streaming Datasets
- Process Exchange Fills and Systematic-trader actions using asynchronous event processing engine
- Using a well-known industry standard concurrency model to build a distributed order management system component to handle real-time electronic trading messages
- In our goal to achieve, zero-support, experimenting with React to create a user-facing dashboard that allows for self-service on common queries
- Refining our automated portfolio construction algorithms to allow us to apply our client's investment strategies faster
- Converting our client allocation optimization algorithm to allow for fractional shares quantities
- Tuning Kafka to see if we can scale to thousands of consumers, while maintaining minimal hardware footprint
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 1 year academic or industry experience programming
- Clear understanding of data structure algorithms and asymptotic analysis
- Familiarity with core programming concepts and techniques (e.g. concurrency, memory management)
- Enthusiastic, proactive and driven individual with high degree of attention to detail
- Comfort with standard SDLC tools and Continuous Integration paradigms
- Experience developing and maintaining Large-scale, Real-time, distributed system
- Knowledge of one or more concurrency models (Actor Model, Communicating Sequential Processes, Software Transaction Memory, etc.)
- Understanding of data structures (trees, hash maps, queues, etc)
- Functional programming
- Active GitHub and/or Stack Overflow profile is a plus
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Bachelor's degree / Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top