PWM Technology - Lead Developer
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Private Wealth Management (PWM) business provides end to end Investment Management services and advice across a large range of asset classes for high net worth individuals. PWM leverages a global technology platform offering, an integrated suite of tools, and applications to onboard clients. Our software helps realize a client's goals and objectives, develops and implements an integrated wealth management plan and delivers first-class client service.
The Private Wealth Management (PWM) business provides end to end Investment Management services and advice across a full range of asset classes for High net worth individuals. PWM leverages a global technology platform offering, an integrated suite of tools, and applications to service clients. This platform helps realize a client's goals and objectives, develops and implements an integrated wealth management plan and delivers first-class client service.
Products reference data is crucial for performing PWM functions such as:
- Asset allocation
- Portfolio performance calculations
- Regulatory reporting
- Compliance monitoring
- Fee and revenue calculations
Products reference data covers a vast range of data points for static product attributes as well as time-series data such as:
- Interest rates
- Corporate actions
- Asset accruals
- Trade cycles
- Portfolio Performance Indices
- Product ratings
Products reference data covers a wide range of asset classes such as:
- Mutual Funds
- Hedge Funds
- Private Equity
Products tech applications consume and distribute data via multiple applications on various tech stacks. These applications time sensitive and handle high volumes of data e.g. 250K prices and 50K product updates on a daily basis, multiple downstream consumer applications.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn the different trade life cycles of different asset classes. This knowledge will be crucial as you will be required to contribute functionally and technically to various initiatives.
• Business and Regulatory initiatives will give you the opportunity is designing and implementing various functional changes to these product life cycles such as new data flows, regulations, etc
• You will be required to contribute and initiate infrastructure changes to ensure that we our applications are using updated tech stacks in data aggregation as well as delivery. In this you will have the opportunity to work in new architectures such as streams, cloud, lake, micro services, etc
• You will be challenged to bring new ideas, best practices and a strong commitment to quality.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 4-6 years of experience in Java, J2EE, Spring, RESTful Services, RDBMS
• Experience with high volume data applications
• Strong communication skills.
• Experience with Hadoop, Spark, Rules Engine, Workflows is a plus.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top