PWM Technology - Global Trading and Booking - Developer
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Private Wealth Management (PWM) business provides end to end Investment Management services and advice across a large range of asset classes for high net worth individuals. PWM leverages a global technology platform offering, an integrated suite of tools, and applications to onboard clients. Our software helps realize a client's goals and objectives, develops and implements an integrated wealth management plan and delivers first-class client service.
PWM Global Trading and Booking Engineering team is seeking talented and motivated software developers as part of supporting The Private Wealth Management Group (PWM) business. PWM within GS develops and manages relationships with high net-worth clients advising them on ways to build, manage and protect their financial assets through equity, fixed income, alternative investments, and other financial instruments.
PWM Global Trading and Booking Engineering team builds and manages software products to support the real-time order, execution and trading needs of the global sales and trading organization and external clients. We are seeking strong developers to join us in the build-out of a state-of-the-art Order and Execution Management System for multiple asset classes (Global Equities, Listed Options, Fixed Income, FX , Mutual Funds etc.). This phased out multi-year program targets automation for all front-office functions will provide the business the ability to transact with multiple exchanges electronically, achieve greater synergy and operational efficiency for a diversified business audience. Our team members will work and collaborate with partners from business - Sales, Trading - and federation along with other technology groups.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• The successful candidate will collaborate with partners from business and federation to come up with innovate solutions to solve business workflow problems , optimizing and providing efficiency in front-office functions
• Work with federation (Compliance, Controllers, Operations) and business to build and manage controls for regulatory and compliance obligations.
• Design and build new order and execution platforms and customized solutions to increase our operational efficiency, scale and provide automation.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• A passion for application development best practices, TDD and clean code are a must. As the successful candidate will work across the stack, a technology agnostic approach is vital. Technical qualifications- 2-7 years commercial experience- Java, Scala, AngularJS, Jboss.
• Candidate must have experience in analysis, design and implementation of complex technical solution
• Self starter, ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in team environment
• Strong communication skills are essential to manage the business interaction and the global nature of projects.
• MongoDB(Preferred), Gemfire (Preferred), Sybase, DB2, Hibernate
• Knowledge of FIX Protocol is preferred
• Experience in financial industry particularly in front office trading systems
• Understanding and/or experience in pricing, trading, order management and execution systems
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top