PWM Technology - Application Support Specialist
WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
PWM leverages a global technology platform offering, an integrated suite of tools, and applications to onboard clients. Our software helps realize a client's goals and objectives, develops and implements an integrated wealth management plan and delivers first-class client service.
The Private Wealth Management business provides end to end Investment Management services and advice across a large range of asset classes for high net worth individuals. To provide these services PWM has a global platform and suite of integrated tools and applications across the investment process. E.g. account opening, trading and investment management tools, position keeping through to client reporting applications. The majority of these applications are developed in-house by the PWM Technology development teams in the US, Europe and India. The role is likely to suit individuals seeking to gain broad and deep exposure to a varied and dynamic business within a close knit technology team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Provide first line front office application support to the PWM Sales, management and support teams.
- Incident support, tracking, reporting and resolution
- Managing the communication with our user base and setting expectations re resolution
- Communicating with and escalating to senior business partners and technical management where necessary
- Co-ordinate and triage with the global application development teams and operations to manage the resolution
- Proactively monitor and improve the service we provide to our business
- Provide management information and status on our production environment on a regular basis
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Proven track record of application support / production management in the financial or similar industry
- Ability to communicate concisely, clearly and effectively with business and technology professionals both locally and globally
- Ability to think on your feet and apply sound judgement to the management of situations
- Sound analytical skills and the ability to quickly pick up a good understanding of the Private Wealth / Asset Management Business and our technical architecture, platform and flows
- Motivation, drive and self leadership to pro-actively look and implement opportunities to improve our processes and service to the PWM Business
- Technical: Working knowledge of SQL and Relational Databases (Sybase preferred); UNIX, Scripting, Java
- Excellent communication, relationship-building and influencing skills - ability to work effectively with a broad group of people, including business representatives, technologists, legal and compliance
- Experience working in the financial / wealth management industry
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top