PWM, FICC Solutions Group - Municipal Fixed Income, Vice President, New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
INVESTMENT MANAGEMENTWe're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
Are you a quick-thinking self-starter with strong work ethic, desire to work closely with fixed income industry professionals, and ability to think outside the box? Financial Analysts on the Municipal Fixed Income team support all portfolio management and trading aspects of our municipal fixed income business. The team is seeking professionals with an understanding of municipal fixed income markets who have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where investment acumen, attention to detail, strong communication skills, and client service are essential to maintaining and enhancing the the Private Wealth Management municipal bond business.
The PWM Municipal Fixed Income team provides market coverage, investment ideas, and trade execution for municipal securities. Portfolio Managers analyze and build portfolios, manage cash flow, and participate in calls/meetings with Private Wealth Management (PWM) teams and underlying clients. The ideal candidate will work closely with Sales Traders, Portfolio Managers, PWM investment professionals, FICC traders, and sales coverage across the Street.
WHERE WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT
This role is in our New York office, but our Private Wealth Management business spans the globe, with the following locations in the Americas and clients actively involved in the FICC Solutions municipal bond business: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Miami (Domestic and Latin America coverage), Philadelphia, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and West Palm Beach.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Enhance your business acumen for municipal bond market dynamics by providing sales coverage to our regional offices
- Process team requests for client crosses, trade executions, rebalancing portfolios, and liquidity requests
- Manage PWM orders in municipal new issues
- Assist in product training of new PWM analysts and associates
- Perform portfolio analytics and build sample portfolios for prospects and PWM clients
- Create custom presentations highlighting characteristics of the portfolio and provide recommendations for improvement
- Update and customize ongoing marketing materials
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, transaction-oriented environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Keen interest in the financial markets and good commercial instincts
- Prior experience and/or specific interest in both fixed income and PWM businesses
- Strong combination of organizational, interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability to interact with and build relationships with people of varied backgrounds, personalities, and levels of seniority
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top