PWM, FICC Solutions Group, Municipal Fixed Income Portfolio Manager/Trader, Associate
Are you a strategic thinker with a strong work ethic and a background in municipal securities? The team is seeking a Manager / Trader who has the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment where attention to detail, strong communication skills, and passion for working with others are essential to maintaining and enhancing our business.
Private Wealth Management (PWM) secures, develops and manages relationships with high net worth individuals, their families, family offices and foundations. PWM assists clients with building and preserving their financial wealth by creating and implementing long-term asset allocation within the context of each client’s particular risk tolerance, and by providing access to innovative investment ideas and opportunities. PWM professionals develop customized investment strategies and offer a full array of wealth management products and services, including private banking and trust company services.
Within PWM, the Municipal Fixed Income Team provides market coverage, investment ideas, and trade execution for municipal securities. The team is looking to hire a Portfolio Manager / Trader. The ideal candidate is one who can work well in a fast paced, execution oriented atmosphere while maintaining composure and the ability to be analytical and articulate. This role involves interaction with credit research analysts, traders and sales-people, as well as PWM professionals. The candidate will work closely with Senior Portfolio Managers when investing for and managing client portfolios.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Dedicated investing responsibilities base upon sector and/or maturity
- Portfolio construction base upon relative value analysis and dialogue with the credit research team
- Manage liquidity requests, portfolio restructuring and other account maintenance
- Provide portfolio analysis, performance, and market color to PWM professionals
- Assist with team marketing materials and other business projects and initiatives
- Think strategically about the portfolio management process, technology, and ways to scale the business
- Manage counter-party relationships
Basic QualificationsSKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3+ years municipal experience (ideally execution or portfolio management related)
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, transaction-oriented environment
- Detailed-oriented and able to multi-task
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to interact and build relationship with people of varied backgrounds, personalities, and levels of seniority
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Bloomberg
- Series 7 required; Series 66 preferred (must be obtained within three months of employment)
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top