PWM, Equity Solutions Group - Financial Analyst/Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
The Equity Solutions Group (ESG) within Private Wealth Management (PWM) is responsible for portfolio management, trading, and marketing across a range of equity linked products for PWM clients. ESG's offerings feature structured notes, exchange-listed & OTC derivatives, option overlay strategies, hedging and monetization, and equity share transactions. ESG is currently seeking an experienced analyst to work closely with senior portfolio managers and traders as a junior trader for PWM's structured notes business. The candidate will also be involved in the ongoing infrastructure development for the team, which includes one-off projects as well as liaising with technology teams to appropriately specify requirements for the team on a go-forward basis.
The Equity Solutions Group partners with clients to identify investment objectives and implement differentiated equity strategies in order to tailor portfolios to meet both strategic and tactical goals. The team offers a comprehensive platform, specializing in structured investments and option overlay strategies. ESG creates customized equity solutions to meet clients' risk/return and investment objectives including: risk reduction/lower volatility, enhanced return/yield, diversification, strategic rebalancing, passive or active tax-efficient returns, and market access.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Support portfolio managers and senior traders to price and structure investments for PWM clients and to help manage discretionary managed structured notes portfolios
- Execute and book structured notes transactions
- Manage relationships with internal teams (compliance, legal, operations, technology) as well as external broker-dealers
- Work on special projects to improve infrastructure, including improvements to trading tools and systems
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 1-2 years of relevant industry experience, preferably in a trading role
- High level understanding of structured notes market/mechanics
- Strong, demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with traders, advisors, as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Strong risk management mindset with the ability to identify potential issues and propose thoughtful and appropriate solutions
- Motivated team player who can contribute in a cohesive team-trading environment
- Computer programming skills; ability to code in any language preferred, but not required
- Successful completion of Series 7 and 66 exams required within three months of starting
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top