PWM, Equity Solutions Group, Financial Analyst - Hong Kong
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
The Equity Solutions Group (ESG) within Private Wealth Management (PWM) is responsible for portfolio management, trading, and marketing across a range of equity linked products for PWM clients. ESG's offerings feature structured notes, exchange-listed & OTC derivatives, option overlay strategies, hedging and monetization, and equity share transactions. ESG is currently seeking an experienced analyst to work closely with senior traders, marketers, and portfolio managers as a member of the ESG Trading team. The candidate will also be involved in the ongoing infrastructure development for the team, which includes one-off projects as well as liaising with technology teams to appropriately specify requirements for the team on a go-forward basis.
The Equity Solutions Group partners with clients to identify investment objectives and implement differentiated equity strategies in order to tailor portfolios to meet both strategic and tactical goals. The team offers a comprehensive platform, specializing in structured investments and option overlay strategies. ESG creates customized equity solutions to meet clients' risk/return and investment objectives including: risk reduction/lower volatility, enhanced return/yield, diversification, strategic rebalancing, passive or active tax-efficient returns, and market access.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Price, trade, and book equity derivatives and structured products
- Communicate updates of ongoing ESG strategies/recommendations including trade ideas and market color with sales teams and clients
- Manage both internal and external relationships with private wealth advisors, clients, cross-divisional partners (compliance, legal, operations, technology, securities) as well as external broker-dealers
- Analyze market risk of client portfolios with emphasis on suitability, appropriateness, and sizing of derivatives exposure
- Work on special projects to develop new business lines, streamline processes and improve technological infrastructure
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 1-4 years of relevant industry experience, equity derivatives background a plus
- Strong, demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong risk management mindset with the ability to identify potential issues and propose thoughtful and appropriate solutions
- Motivated team player who can contribute in a cohesive team environment
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with advisors, traders, as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent Excel skills, programming skills in VBA or other languages a plus
- Written and verbal communication skills in English required, Mandarin and Cantonese strongly preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top