PWM, Cross Markets Team - Associate / Vice President
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
INVESTMENT MANAGEMENTWe're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Cross Markets Team, (CMT) within Private Wealth Management (PWM) manages cross-asset, cash and OTC execution for PWM clients. CMT covers a wide scope, including idea generation across asset classes for cash and derivative products, broker analysis, execution advice, and order handling. As a part of our execution mandate, members of CMT are regularly involved in negotiating with our broker-dealer network on behalf of PWM clients, and are involved with strategic projects for PWM as it pertains to our relationship with other divisions of Goldman Sachs. The team also helps drive the scoping and design of trading technology and infrastructure and is influential in directing the trading technology vision for the division. CMT is currently seeking a vice president to work as an integral member of the team with a focus on expanding our equity derivative capabilities. The candidate will also be involved in cross-divisional, cross-regional collaboration, internal marketing of strategies/ideas, and providing best in class execution.
Private Wealth Management (PWM) secures, develops and manages relationships with high net worth individuals, their families, family offices and foundations. PWM assists clients with building and preserving their financial wealth by creating and implementing long-term asset allocation within the context of each client's particular risk tolerance, and by providing access to innovative investment ideas and opportunities. PWM professionals develop customized investment strategies and offer a full array of wealth management products and services, including private banking and trust company services. Within Private Wealth Management, the CMT team partners with clients and advisors to provide best in class cross-asset execution for clients. This includes trade idea generation and investment rationale, trade order handling and execution (including price negotiation), trading infrastructure steering, and appropriate risk assessment of trades as it pertains to client specific objectives.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Serve as a product expert for equity derivatives across the global PWM franchise
- Negotiate pricing terms with counterparts in other divisions as well as external brokers
- Execute transactions on behalf of PWM clients, with a focus on equity derivatives
- Educate, communicate, and collaborate with internal stakeholders including fellow team members and private wealth advisors
- Produce regular market color and circulate innovative trade ideas and strategies to be consumed by PWM broadly
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with multiple stakeholders in order to achieve client objectives
- Manage relationships with internal teams (marketing, strategists, wealth management professionals) and external broker-dealers, including assessing these relationships analytically
- Ongoing involvement in trading platform development and steering with regular interaction with technology and quants
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 5-10 years of capital markets experience with buy/sell-side equity derivatives trading/structuring background
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Motivated team player who can contribute in a cohesive team environment
- Strong written and presentation skills
- Background in a quantitative subject
- Ability to perform computer programming tasks in any language is a plus
- Series 3,7, 55 and 66 required (must be obtained within three months of employment)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top