PWM, Cross Markets Team - Analyst / Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
INVESTMENT MANAGEMENTWe're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
YOUR IMPACTAre you a quick-thinking self-starter with a passion for the financial markets, the desire to work closely with traders and portfolio managers, and the ability to think outside the box? The Cross Markets Team within MSG is comprised of product specialists who provide investment ideas and trade execution in the equity, fixed income, currency, and commodity markets. The team is currently seeking an analyst or associate to work closely with Global Private Wealth Management Advisors, traders, capital markets, and research analysts to deliver the full complement of markets transactional capabilities to Private Wealth Management (PWM) clientele. The candidate will work closely with product specialists and will also be a primary point of contact for broader fixed income needs to clients in PWM Americas. OUR IMPACT With product specialists engaged in the markets every day, the Markets Solutions Group offers both advisory strategies and transactional solutions for clients. On the transactional side, we have a robust execution platform and a multitude of global trading counterparties and issuers. The broader team also develops and manages a range of separately managed accounts that provide customized solutions to construct strategic allocations, implement tactical views, and hedge portfolio risks.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Execute cash bond and equity trades using available counterparties and identify market opportunities for clients
- Develop and provide derivatives expertise to clients
- Develop and recommend investment ideas across capital structure
- Work closely with our Hong Kong and London teams to ensure ideas reach the PWM franchise globally
- Serve as a cross asset market professional to PWM Advisors and clients
- Educate PWM Advisors and clients on products and opportunities
WHERE WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACTOur Private Wealth Management business spans the globe, with clients actively involved in FICC products and transactions across the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
- Minimum 1-3 years of capital markets experience
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, transaction-oriented environment
- Keen interest in the financial markets and solid commercial instincts
- Strong quantitative skills
- Attention to detail
- Good judgment and risk management
- Creative and strategic thinker with scope to learn the derivatives business in one or more asset classes
- Strong combination of analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong client facing and presentation skills
- Series 7 and 63 required (must be obtained within three months of employment)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top