- Zurich, Switzerland
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
A position where you will help ensure the firm is compliant with the appropriate rules and regulations within the private banking and wealth management industry. We're looking for a professional to join our Private Wealth Management (PWM) Compliance team, who wants to use their drive, enthusiasm and abilities to provide world class advisory and compliance guidance to our PWM business.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Zurich, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world. Global Compliance interprets regulatory requirements to ensure the firm is in compliance and determines how to appropriately pursue global market opportunities. Our analysts monitor regulatory trends in every jurisdiction where the firm operates and we work with regulators to manage financial market risk. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
PWM Compliance is a unit within Global Compliance that services the Private Wealth Management area within the Investment Management Division. The role of Compliance within PWM is to partner with the business in order to conduct and supervise its business in compliance with regulations and firm policies, help to reduce the firm's regulatory and reputation risk, and reinforce the firm's culture of compliance. The Swiss Compliance advisory team is a part of the Global PWM Compliance team with other team members in London, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and Frankfurt. The Swiss Compliance advisory team primarily focuses on supporting the PWM business with respect to: travel and cross-border topics; client onboarding across a diverse range of client jurisdictions and legal structures; review and approval of marketing materials; trade approvals including complex products; review of errors and client complaints; training of new rules and regulations and providing on-going day to day support and advice to the Swi! ss PWM Business.
- Working in collaboration with the PWM Swiss and London Compliance advisory team to deliver day to day advisory functions including but not limited to: Post- and Pre-Trade surveillance and compliance monitoring of business activity, including cross-office surveillance and review of automated surveillance reports
- Review and approval of marketing materials prepared for distribution to clients/prospects; review of travel activity and assessment of cross-border rules/situations
- Monitoring of record keeping requirements / audit trails / file note review
- Trade reviews/approvals including complex products
- Support internal and external audit preparation work
- Working in collaboration with the PWM Swiss and EMEA / Global PWM Compliance colleagues on investigative trade and client reviews, and targeted forensic surveillance, including but not limited to: focused Conduct Risk reviews including review of emails, client files and discussions with PWM professionals
- Forensic reviews including E-surveillance and email traffic
- University degree and/or professional compliance / financial services qualification
- Strong investigative, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to exercise sound and balanced judgment
- Good interpersonal skills and effective written/oral communication skills (fluent English; German/French is of substantial benefit)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in MS office tools including strong knowledge of MS-Excel
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under pressure
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of Swiss and EU regulatory environment is advantageous
- Knowledge of products and trading strategies used by PWM, e.g. structured products, alternative investments, derivative is advantageous
- Private wealth management / product compliance experience preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top