PWM, Alternative Capital Markets - Analyst
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
PWMGoldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
The Alternative Capital Markets (ACM) group within Investment Management Division (IMD) is looking for an Analyst to join the team based in New York. ACM coordinates the launch and distribution of all alternative investment offerings to IMD's Private Wealth Management (PWM) clients. The group acts as the central interface between PWM clients and groups within Goldman Sachs managing alternative investments, including IMD direct investing efforts, the Alternative Investment Manager Selection group, the Merchant Banking Division and external investment managers, across private equity, private credit, real estate, hedge funds and related co-investments. Because of Goldman's strong position as an investor into and provider of alternative investments, ACM sits at the heart of many significant efforts aimed at bringing some of the most creative and differentiating investment solutions to a growing and highly sophisticated investor base
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Assist on projects related to new business development, strategic planning, product development and other marketing infrastructure issues
- Coordinate and facilitate the fundraising process for private wealth management alternative investment offerings
- Structure all aspects of alternative investment offerings, including dialogues with fund managers, reviews by internal and external counsel, drafting committee memos, creating presentation materials and coordinating roadshows
- Provide frequent investment updates and market commentary to both PWM Professionals and external clients. With experience, senior analysts may ultimately have responsibility for direct client dialogues alongside the PWM teams with respect to alternative investment portfolio reviews and new product pitches for clients
- Drive, enthusiasm, creativity and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communications, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Team player with strong initiative and leadership qualities
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top