Program Manager - Product Lead - Operating Risk - Control Engineering
- Dallas, TX
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
Goldman Sachs has launched an initiative to address regulatory and operation risk in the front office by building superior technology and delivering high quality products. This vision is a multi-year investment in people, platforms and products. Join the team, and participate in the development and launch of best in class products for managing operational and regulatory risks. We are looking for eager, nimble and ambitious engineers to join our growing team of visionaries, and drive Goldman Sachs Engineering to achieve and exceed our goals.
This team is accountable for platform architecture evolution to meet the evolving needs of different business lines globally with rapid software deployment. As stewards of critical components in order execution and post-trade, the team is accountable for a high degree of software quality. The team consists of self-guided pragmatic individuals who are motivated to change the status quo in calculated ways.
As a member of the team, you will play an integral role on the trading floor. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for technology and the markets, with individuals who thrive in a fast-paced changing environment. The team takes a data driven approach to decision making and you should be willing to participate in the full product lifecycle from requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, support, and monitoring trading risks for systems and strategies used by our clients .
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Lead and deliver cross-divisional, high priority projects across all typical project phases:
- Project initiation and scoping, including definition of plans and setting and managing realistic expectations for successful delivery with project stakeholders
- Business analysis and requirements definition
- Testing and implementation, in particular user acceptance testing
- Ongoing project management, including progress monitoring, reporting and quality assurance throughout the project
- Build and manage strong relationships with project sponsors and stakeholders in Operations, Technology and the business. Manage competing priorities across these groups
- Understand the firm's and Operations' strategic plans, business, process and architecture in order to influence design and drive change related conversations
- Facilitate prioritization of Operations investment in Technology
- Work with Operations business units to assess and streamline processes in order to mitigate risk, cost or service issues and generate efficiencies
- Provide support and advice to Operations teams on change management tools and methods
- Coach and manage junior team members on planning and executing their projects; act as quality assurance for those projects. Assist in staffing resources to projects as appropriate
- Note: Flexible work schedule may be available
Experience / Skills:
- Bachelors / Undergraduate Degree
- 7 years of professional experience with 4 years of project / change management experience in business process and technology implementations
- Highly collaborative, team-oriented and strong consensus builder
- Demonstrate excellent people management skills
- Ability to engage with and influence stakeholders outside their direct control
- Comfortable leading project working groups and possesses strong facilitation and data gathering skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral; confident in interaction with senior stakeholders
- Strategic thinker with strong business analysis and planning skills. Capable of identifying and interpreting wider-ranging issues: 'Big picture' understanding. Provide creative & innovative solutions. Ability to formulate the implications of a specific solution across processes, e.g. costs, risk, service
- Have a proven track record of scoping and driving delivery of projects and achieving results independently, on time and to budget including:
- Strong analytical skills including process analysis. Very strong interest in the underlying detail of the analysis is a must
- Excellent project management skills including project scope definition; project issues, challenges, risks definition; status reporting; test strategy definition and User Acceptance Test execution
- Great organization skills - ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize accordingly and make decisions
- Attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure and to provide practical solutions
- Demonstrate understanding of Operations processes and procedures and an ability to learn quickly. Knowledge of products and processes related to the financial services industry would be an advantage, as is related experience in technology strategy or in a client service or business function and / or management consulting
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of job-related operational and compliance procedures
- Understands and appropriately addresses Goldman Sachs compliance and reputational judgment issues
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and SharePoint
- MBA / relevant change management certifications like PRINCE, PMI, PMP would be a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top