Production Reliability Engineer - Front Office Control Engineering
- London, United Kingdom
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
Goldman Sachs has launched an initiative to address regulatory and operation risk in the front office by building superior technology and delivering high quality products. This vision is a multi-year investment in people, platforms and products. Join the team, and participate in the development and launch of best in class products for managing operational and regulatory risks. We are looking for eager, nimble and ambitious engineers to join our growing team of visionaries, and drive Goldman Sachs Engineering to achieve and exceed our goals.
As a member of the team, you will play an integral role on the trading floor. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for technology and the markets, with individuals who thrive in a fast-paced changing environment. The team takes a data driven approach to decision making and you should be willing to participate in the full product lifecycle from requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, support, and monitoring trading risks for systems and strategies used by our clients .
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Production Reliability Engineering (PRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. At Goldman Sachs, PRE is responsible for the availability and reliability of our firm's most critical platform services, they are also responsible for setting SDLC standards and managing our dev ops tooling. We look for engineers who are motivated to automate toil where they find it, reduce the risk of failure and improve the developer experience within the broader team
- Take the lead in PRE initiatives and proactively engage with app dev teams to ensure standards are met
- Perform production readiness and reliability reviews of business-critical systems
- Adhere to and drive incident management process and support a blameless post-mortems culture.
- Create and support automation tooling to improve the reliability of the platform and increase the productivity of the team.
- Assess monitoring & alert signals to determine impact and risk to the business
- Implement service level indicators and help define service level objectives
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding and / or systems engineering
- High level of Proficiency in one or more of the following: Go, Python, C, C++, Java, Perl, Ruby or shell scripting
- Experience of leading team projects and mentoring junior staff
- Experience of supporting business critical systems and working with a global team of users
- Experience with UNIX operating systems internals and / or networking
- Strong interpersonal skills, drive, and ownership
- Solving problems from first principles
- Outstanding verbal and written communications, a natural ability to learn in a fast-paced environment, and will be a self-starter with plenty of initiative.
- Experience in an PRE/SRE team, working with SLO's and SLI's or DevOps/DevX experience
- Experience with distributed systems design, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Hands-on experience with debugging and optimizing code, as well as automation
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top