Production Engineer - FICC SMM
- New York, NY
Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities (FICC) Technology plays a key role in the firm's
ability to help institutional clients buy and sell financial instruments on liquidity venues
around the world, an important revenue driver for the firm. In FICC Technology we use both open source industry standard and internal proprietary technologies to build cutting edge platforms for pricing, execution, and control over each of these millions of transactions.
The FICC Systematic Market Making (SMM) business consolidates and expands the firm's electronic market making and algorithmic trade execution. As part of the SMM Engineering team, SMM Production Engineering partners with SMM Trading to develop and support the pricing and execution services for the firm and its clients. The team is primarily focused on site reliability engineering, including driving automation, improving real-time monitoring, developing metrics to track performance, and managing the release and deployment lifecycle. Team members help support the day-to-day operations of the trading desk and the electronic trading systems; the team is expected to interact closely with Trading & Sales business users. In addition, the team helps develop FICC SMM post-trade systems, including trade booking, reconciliation and STP.
Candidates must have the technical and analytical skills required to triage and resolve complex production issues and operate well in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment. A propensity to automate manual tasks, appreciation for large-scale, distributed computing systems, and a willingness to develop using a wide range of languages and frameworks will be necessary to succeed in the role.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Software development focused on creating sustainable systems and services that meet uptime and performance requirements through automation
• Technical and operational risk management of a fast-paced, multi-asset electronic trading business
• Managing the balance between feature development velocity and reliability with well-defined SLOs
• Finding opportunities for efficiency and cost savings in support process and physical environment
• Partnering with software and infrastructure owners to solve hardware/network issues
• Incident and crisis management
• Participation in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning
• Significant business interaction across FICC front office
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• STEM degree with 5 to 10 years of relevant work experience.
• Proficiency in several of the following: Python, C, C++, Java, or shell scripting
• Aptitude for algorithms, data structures, and software design
• Experience with Linux operating system internals and/or networking concepts
• Strong analytical skills, with an ability to quickly identify scope and impact of issues during high-pressure situations
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience with distributed systems design, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
• Hands-on experience with debugging and optimizing code, as well as automation.
• Strong interpersonal skills, drive, and ownership.
• Coding beyond simple scripts.
• Solving novel problems from first principles.
• Knowledge of financial markets.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top