Product Manager - Web Domain Management
- New York, NY
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
About the Job
We are looking for a product manager, who will work closely with our users and other product teams to define a strategy and roadmap for domain management at Goldman Sachs and work closely with our engineers to deliver a successful product that addresses the needs of our users.
Our #1 business principle is "Our clients' interests always come first. Our experience shows that if we serve our clients well, our own success will follow". Every customer is given maximum attention to understand their needs. We adopt the most appropriate approach to drive the business of the customer or institution towards the desired growth. We now want to apply the same approach to the way we build products and deliver customer-centric, world class products through the collaborative work we do in Product Management.
Our team of product managers work closely with creatives and researchers through our design teams and are fortunate to have many experienced fintech engineers to help architect and develop technologies. We are responsible for guiding products throughout all stages of the product's lifecycle, including research, pitching, scoping, delivering, promoting, and tailoring solutions to our clients.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
How will you fulfill your potential?
You will be an experienced and seasoned product manager, working cross-functionally to guide products from conception through launch, growth and maturity by connecting the technical and business worlds to meet our customers at their needs. You will break down complex problems into steps that drive product development and release adopting the principals of growth from MVP. You would work with teams to manage:
- Understand and document the current state and use cases for domain management in the firm
- Propose and agree on a concrete roadmap with key stakeholders across the firm
- Work with various teams across the firm to assemble and maintain an up-to-date inventory of domains
- Create domain governance workflows for brand and product management
- Work with various teams across the firm to automate domain registrations and DNS changes
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience building/shipping technical products
- 5 years of technical product management experience, including experience driving the product vision, design, and go-to-market strategy
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex requirements and work with vague / incomplete data
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex problems and technical architectures to all stakeholders
- Demonstrated success collaborating with design and engineering peers to lead a product development team
- Experience managing day-to-day technical and design direction
- Experience developing web apps using modern frameworks and cloud technologies
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as product management, engineering, user experience, user research, sales, trading, treasury, customer support or marketing
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without direct authority
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
Back to top